Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Memorial set up for Victim of a crime disrupted by disrespectful leftist activists.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Who said it was terrorism?
    I just read The Wall's comment, and thought that was why you guys were so angry. Its definitely not terrorism. Just a counter protest to the BCR protesting the ruling that in their eyes 'failed' to condemn an illegal immigrant. They definitely wanted this to be about illegal immigration. Not the actual victim.

I'd have joined Refuse Fascism in that protest if I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I just read The Wall's comment, and thought that was why you guys were so angry. Its definitely not terrorism. Just a counter protest to the BCR protesting the ruling that in their eyes 'failed' to condemn an illegal immigrant. They definitely wanted this to be about illegal immigration. Not the actual victim.

really? wow.

Comment

When i said antifa were terrorist i was stating a fact. I know nothing about this particular protest. Antica has gone around throwing m80s and rioting trying to censor folks they deem fascist. Funny the stermgewhar did something similiar i believe people call it the night of broken glass.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't see any evidence of this, and I think the BCR have way too high thoughts about themselves that it requires paid protestors to protest them. It seems like two guys vs twenty. Perfectly fair.

Khader was a member of Refuse Facism, true, but as for the rest of the allegations the BCR guy seems to be pulling them from his rear.
          why do you say that Leonhard. it isn't hard for those of us who live near hte situation and know what that group has done int he past to know that it is very credible that they went htere to disrupt the service not peacefully protest it. It is tehir MO to shout and use violence to shut down speech they don't agree with one of there leaders has been arrested at least 3 times for violent behavior during her groups protests.

Because the BCR despute the ruling that didn't condemn a person who accidentally shot a woman, wanting this to be turned into an illegal immigration issue and politicizing a tragedy. If Conservatives want people to calm down when police "accidentally" shoot innocents, and not turn it into a gun control argument, I think its hypocritical if they politicize other tragedies for the sake of illegal immigration.
          what is wrong with holding a memorial service so that folks wont forget a great miscarriage of justice hmm?

Trump has talked about mass deportation before. And while it wouldn't be fascistic, it would be quite a thing to pull through, and I can certainly see why Refuse Fascists want to protest that.
          If they were just peacefully protesting I'd agree with you but they weren't' they never do.

I did my own research above yes. However since all of it was done after the groups protest, except for the counterprotest, it seems irrelevant. The BCR group is just fishing for publicity and controversy and Fox & Friends having no better news are eager to provide it.
          Did you also do research on previous protests they were involved in do that and then tell who's more credible them or the BCR

lol wut
          when you try to shut down free speech of those you disagree with you are using fascist tactics you are being a fascist Refuse Fascism is one of those groups that does so. Their very name is a Lie.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
            When i said antifa were terrorist i was stating a fact. I know nothing about this particular protest. Antica has gone around throwing m80s and rioting trying to censor folks they deem fascist. Funny the stermgewhar did something similiar i believe people call it the night of broken glass.
            By that logic pro-life groups are terrorists as well. Doesn't quite work like that. Though I've been able to find two videos of firecrackers like that being thrown. Its not something I support. People can get hurt. Its irresponsible, but I wouldn't call it terrorism.

Censoring people isn't terrorist.

Comparing them to the massacre on the Jews is ridiculous. Grow up. About the biggest thing you have is that little moron racist/nazi/alt-right/whatever Spencer getting punched in the face. Now that was funny, though it can't be condoned and I'm glad they caught the guy who did it.

And yes, there were protestors armed with clubs at the Charlottesville protest. Pretty much protecting certain preachers who were counter protesting. The nazies, alt-rights and white supremacists pretty much came there looking for a fight.

It ended with an alt-righter killing someone by ramming his car into a crowd of people. Then later trying to claim he only did it trying to get away.

Now that was a terrorist act.

Glad he didn't have a truck.

Comment

No you would not Leonhard if you truly knew who they were and what they have done. I challenget ot research other protests ands counter protests they have been apart of look up the name Yvette Felarca and see what I mean by them being liars.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                why do you say that Leonhard.
                The BCR allegates that the protestor was paid. There was no evidence of it. That's merely what I stated. If you know evidence, let have it.

what is wrong with holding a memorial service so that folks wont forget a great miscarriage of justice hmm?
                Because that's a protest of the ruling. They don't really care about the victim, they're just using her tragedy to fuel their cause. Which is illegal immigrant deportation. Listen to the video you sent me. He mentioned 'Illegal immigration' three times. He even called it an memorial for "Kate Steinly and Illegal Immigration". That's not a memorial its a political protest, and if you hold a protest its fair game to get counter-protested.

Its also your supposition that it was a miscarriage of justice. That's not for me to decide. The court decided. People want him tried for murder, but the evidence didn't support it. Manslaughter might have been appropriate, but he is getting three years for something else.

If they were just peacefully protesting I'd agree with you but they weren't' they never do.
                What constitutes peaceful protesting for you?

Did you also do research on previous protests they were involved in do that and then tell who's more credible them or the BCR
                The Antifa, Refuse Fascism or the BFR?

when you try to shut down free speech
                If there are rules against a counter protest occuring to a protest, I'll gladly concede that they did something wrong. Until then, it seems the BCR are just angry that their little political thing attracted angry people, and decided to use Fox & Friends to turn this into a story about the dangerous Antifa... who crumble up a poster and remove the remains of their show, and post mean pictures of the BCR guy...

I'm sorry Rumtum I don't see what's to be terrible upset about here.

Comment

No you would not Leonhard if you truly knew who they were and what they have done.
                  I've not seen evidence of much violence at all. Certainly nothing to be frightened of.

I challenget ot research other protests ands counter protests they have been apart of look up the name Yvette Felarca and see what I mean by them being liars.
                  I looked her up. She led protests. ... That's it.

Is it because Milo decided to cancel a talk while her group was protesting outside? Same with Ann Coulter?

I honestly don't care about Milo or Ann, those are talking heads useful for Fox because they generate controversy. They're not interested in facts. Personally I think Milo would shredded to pieces with Hitchens was still around to face him. I'll grant you that these protests groups would be better served by people capable of strong rhetorics.

However Milo, and Ann, are just trolls. The only difference between them and Darth Ex and Epoetker is that they're on TV, and are much better at what they're doing.

I see nothing wrong with having people like them chased off.

Comment

I've not seen evidence of much violence at all. Certainly nothing to be frightened of.

I looked her up. She led protests. ... That's it.
                    NO Leonhard it was not just leading a peaceful protest she is anythign but peacel she shoves hits and shouts to shut down any speech she disagrees with she wonat no views but hers heard that is a facist.
                    Is it because Milo decided to cancel a talk while her group was protesting outside? Same with Ann Coulter?
                    it was because of what I said above she is not above violence in fact she as called for it and shouting to shut down speech of others she she disagrees with she only wants her view to be heard. She has never been peaceful about shutting down all views but hers. please do not fall into the lie she and her ilk have tried to get you to believe

I honestly don't care about Milo or Ann, those are talking heads useful for Fox because they generate controversy. They're not interested in facts. Personally I think Milo would shredded to pieces with Hitchens was still around to face him. I'll grant you that these protests groups would be better served by people capable of strong rhetorics.

However Milo, and Ann, are just trolls. The only difference between them and Darth Ex and Epoetker is that they're on TV, and are much better at what they're doing.

I see nothing wrong with having people like them chased off.
                    Sorry Leonhard that is not who this group is trying to chase off. They start by getting you to agree that nazi's, white supremacist views have no place in the forum of discourse. they tell you hate speech should not be allowed in the public square, then they falsely call those who believe in family, true equality, Freedom for all and taking responsibility for your own actions, nazi's, white supremacists etc. and say their speech is Hate speech when it isn't so. all so that people like you believe they are not the fascist they have proven themselves to be.
                    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 12-14-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

The proper way to do a peaceful protest is to do it peacefully, without shouting down the opposition, or destroying their signs, or picking fights with them. Have your own protest separate from them. Trying to stop them from expressing their views by violence or shutting down their protest is a bit fascist.

Comment

Tragic 2015 incident disgracefully politicised by Republicans.
                        “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                        “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                        “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

The proper way to do a peaceful protest is to do it peacefully, without shouting down the opposition, or destroying their signs, or picking fights with them. Have your own protest separate from them. Trying to stop them from expressing their views by violence or shutting down their protest is a bit fascist.
                          exactly

Comment

NO Leonhard it was not just leading a peaceful protest she is anythign but peacel she shoves hits and shouts to shut down any speech she disagrees
                            Your spelling is breaking down, so I'm not quite sure what you're saying RumTum. I don't think shouting counts as violence.

That is fascism.
                            No it is not. Fascism is something far worse, marked by deep nationalistic interests, a one-party state, police control of the people with political opposition being persecuted, and the government taking control of all media outlets.

These people aren't fascists, they're at best anarchistic protestors.

it was because of what I said above she is not above violence
                            There's a case where she's been accused of inciting violence that's to be heard. That's all I can find of her ever being violent.

Sorry Leonhard that is not who this group is trying to chase off.
                            If any Christian university sponsors a talk by Ann Coulter, Milo, or Spencer, they ought to be ashamed of themselves. Same goes with the conservatives.

They start by getting you to agree that nazi's, white supremacist views have no place in the forum of discourse.
                            They don't.

they tell you hate speech should not be allowed in the public square,
                            Again, not something you should be disagreeing with.

then they falsely call those who believe in family, true equality, Freedom for all and taking responsibility for your own actions, nazi's, white supremacists etc.
                            I'm sure she's picked bad targets. I'm not actually defending her believe it or not. But you're talking about terrorism and fascism, and so far at best you've provided me with a zealous anarchist.

and say their speech is Hate speech when it isn't so. all so that people like you believe they are not the fascist they have proven themselves to be.
                            Ann Coulter has said plenty of things that are very hateful. The only way Republicans can defend her is by saying "she's just joking, she's just saying things that make liberals mad". If you took her seriously what she'd be saying would constitute hate speech.

That being said, I'd personally chase that witch off that campus ground along with the others. Same goes for Milo, or Spencer.

Not quite sure why you're defending these guys.

I don't believe in Infinite Freedom of Speech. The only way to ensure that would to be invest trillions of dollars so there'd be built a sufficient amount of auditoriums across the country, so that anyone, at any time they wished, they could stand up somewhere and say whatever they wanted to whatever audience wanted to listen to them. As it is, these campuses have intellectual milieus that might not like a troll standing up and trolling them for a while. I don't see how that benefits anyone but the troll. Usually there's a small conservative group at those colleges. And instead of inviting serious speakers, whom nobody cares about anyway, they invite Spencer to talk about "racial realism" (in other words: why he thinks whites are smart and blacks are dumb).

Or they invite Coulter so she can say things that'll make liberals angry, like 'we need to fingerprint all environmentalists, they're out to destroy the country', or that she's all for public flogging, that people who don't earn enough shouldn't be able to vote.

Stuff like this "God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet — it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars — that's the Biblical view."

Apparently you believe that's a conservative view that its a huge loss to have chased off campus? Seriously?

Trust me you don't want to dive deep into what Spencer has written. Unlike Ann Coulter, he doesn't have her sass, he's just trollish. Racial equality? "That sounds so faggy" Actual quote from him. Seriously. That's the level we're dealing with.

So no, I don't see how we should just sit down and sit kumbayah.

Isn't the joke. You guys have always joked that this is what liberals do. Sit down with a guitar singing hippy songs and getting steam rolled by conservatives, and when we actually stand up and have protests about what we think, we're fascists?

Are you kidding me?

Comment

Trying to stop them from expressing their views by violence or shutting down their protest is a bit fascist.
                              Its not fascist, but in this case there wasn't any violence. Khader confronted them with a sign, and argued with them about the distasteful thing they were doing. Then later, after the protest and everyone had left, someone removed the display that had been put up and hung up unflattering pictures of BCR guy. That's about it.

That's not violence Sparko.

Comment

The modern left's tendency to punish dissent and chase alternate viewpoints away is genuinely concerning to me.

Leonhard, based on your reasoning, would you object to the moderators banning Starlight from the forum? He regularly says very offensive things about conservatives and Christians.

To be clear, I don't think he should be banned. I generally fall on the looser side among the mods, so it's just an example.
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment