Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Philadelphia Liberals push to force storeowners to remove bulletproof glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Not just sketchy neighborhoods. The grocery stores around here that also sell gas usually have a kiosk by the pumps that are like that, including those in upscale neighborhoods.
    Once, I was driving through Edited by a Moderator Indiana, coming home from GenCon at 11 pm, and I pulled off to get some gas. The meth-addled string-bean with the Aryan Nation prison tats behind the bullet proof glass, next to the shelves of bongs and wrapping papers, told me that the credit card machines weren't working and that he'd have to run it with the old fashioned slide-and-carbon copy units. I noped out of there and drove ten more miles praying that I my car wouldn't run out of gas.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-15-2017, 10:21 AM.
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      Once, I was driving through Edited by a Moderator Indiana, coming home from GenCon at 11 pm, and I pulled off to get some gas. The meth-addled string-bean with the Aryan Nation prison tats behind the bullet proof glass, next to the shelves of bongs and wrapping papers, told me that the credit card machines weren't working and that he'd have to run it with the old fashioned slide-and-carbon copy units. I noped out of there and drove ten more miles praying that I my car wouldn't run out of gas.
      Careful with the language there.

Once when I had to stop in Atlanta to ask for directions at a convenience store I knew I was not in the better part of town when I saw a cooler next to the cashier full of MD 20/20 (commonly called "Mad Dog"), Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill and Ripple. I didn't know that Ripple was a real "wine" thinking it was some fake name they used on Sanford and Son.

And the hospital about 6 miles from where I live has a gas station across the street that when you go inside looks like a Head Shop (store specializing in selling drug paraphernalia) that sold "munchies." There was also a row of very illegal video poker machines that the police had to studiously ignore because it was nearly 3 years later when I read about them finally raiding the store and seizing them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Once, I was driving through ass-crack Indiana, coming home from GenCon at 11 pm, and I pulled off to get some gas. The meth-addled string-bean with the Aryan Nation prison tats behind the bullet proof glass, next to the shelves of bongs and wrapping papers, told me that the credit card machines weren't working and that he'd have to run it with the old fashioned slide-and-carbon copy units. I noped out of there and drove ten more miles praying that I my car wouldn't run out of gas.
        Recently had myself a Big Baby Burger from a "restaurant" in a not so great part of Detroit that had one of the plexiglass barriers. Not so used to seeing them outside of gas stations and the like.

inside exchange.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          Recently had myself a Big Baby Burger from a "restaurant" in a not so great part of Detroit that had one of the plexiglass barriers. Not so used to seeing them outside of gas stations and the like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25440[/ATTACH]
          Was it good?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sorry about that.

Once when I had to stop in Atlanta to ask for directions at a convenience store I knew I was not in the better part of town when I saw a cooler next to the cashier full of MD 20/20 (commonly called "Mad Dog"), Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill and Ripple. I didn't know that Ripple was a real "wine" thinking it was some fake name they used on Sanford and Son.

And the hospital about 6 miles from where I live has a gas station across the street that when you go inside looks like a Head Shop (store specializing in selling drug paraphernalia) that sold "munchies." There was also a row of very illegal video poker machines that the police had to studiously ignore because it was nearly 3 years later when I read about them finally raiding the store and seizing them.
            They got what they paid for--in this case, looking the other way.
            Save me, save me"

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25440[/ATTACH]
              That looks seriously good.
              Save me, save me"

Comment

Need to replace all that green stuff with crispy bacon.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There's a pretty good layer of bacon or some other meat on there. But yeah, I'm fishin' the fiber out with my finger.
                  Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Was it good?
                    It was very good, but as my buddy pointed out, that big of a burger was just...wrong and ridiculous. Glad I didn't get the Big Baby Fries to go along with it.

Comment

Did you notice if they sold zig zag papers big enough to smoke a brisket?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It really was.

Comment

It really was.
                          It's probably one of those occasions, though, where you really know you need never to see their kitchen.

Comment

There's a pretty good layer of bacon or some other meat on there. But yeah, I'm fishin' the fiber out with my finger.
                            It was corned beef. Not bad for $8 bucks.

Comment

Did you notice if they sold zig zag papers big enough to smoke a brisket?
                              Everyone in the know knows that papers that big only came in the Cheech and Chong Big Bambu vinyl LP.

Comment

It's probably one of those occasions, though, where you really know you need never to see their kitchen.
                                Right. And it's really one of those neighborhoods you don't want to dilly dally at, but they get so much business that most people call ahead before picking it up. We didn't think to do that, so ended up exploring the area. Felt like a post-apocalyptic movie set, but that's Detroit for ya. I think I might move there one day.

Comment