Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Philadelphia Liberals push to force storeowners to remove bulletproof glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Did you notice if they sold zig zag papers big enough to smoke a brisket?
    The only time I ever saw those was in the second Cheech and Chong album, Big Bambu

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm still marveling at the jargon!
      And his spelling.
      When I Survey....

Comment

Did you notice if they sold zig zag papers big enough to smoke a brisket?
        Back in the Eighties I moonlighted in a convenience store. They sold another brand,
        top 1.jpg
        Better known as
        top 2.jpg
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
          Everyone in the know knows that papers that big only came in the Cheech and Chong Big Bambu vinyl LP.
          Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          The only time I ever saw those was in the second Cheech and Chong album, Big Bambu
          One of those in the know....

Comment

I've seen gas stations with and without hot food do exactly the same thing in extremely rural areas of Alabama. Banning such barriers seems comically stupid.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Need to replace all that green stuff with crispy bacon.
              And we have a winner.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

One of those in the know....
                I had the album. One of my neighbors stole the giant rolling paper

Interestingly, it was released back when albums and the like would first be released in top markets (and then slowly spread out across the rest of the country) rather than nationwide. So when my family moved to Atlanta their first album had only been released there but my brother and I already had their second and IIRC the third one as well. So I'm doing bits from their later albums (like the Empire-Hancock building one from Big Bambu), and everyone in school was wondering where it came from. They refused to believe they had other albums since their first one had just been released in the Atlanta market.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I had the album. One of my neighbors stole the giant rolling paper

Interestingly, it was released back when albums and the like would first be released in top markets (and then slowly spread out across the rest of the country) rather than nationwide. So when my family moved to Atlanta their first album had only been released there but my brother and I already had their second and IIRC the third one as well. So I'm doing bits from their later albums (like the Empire-Hancock building one from Big Bambu), and everyone in school was wondering where it came from. They refused to believe they had other albums since their first one had just been released in the Atlanta market.
                  Oh weird. I didn't come into contact with it till the early 90s when a buddy of mine scored a copy with the paper (and used it, if memory serves), and then I worked at a vinyl record shop around the same time. Finding one with the paper intact I hear is kind of rare now. Probably worth money if you still have it.

Comment

I'm still marveling at the jargon!
                    You must be, given what you missed in rogue's reply.
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      You must be, given what you missed in rogue's reply.
                      There's a difference between missing something, and ignoring something my wascally brudder said.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm surprised you didn't complement him for using the word "obstreperous"
                        Compliment.

Comment

Oh weird. I didn't come into contact with it till the early 90s when a buddy of mine scored a copy with the paper (and used it, if memory serves), and then I worked at a vinyl record shop around the same time. Finding one with the paper intact I hear is kind of rare now. Probably worth money if you still have it.
                          They're collector's items. Most of the papers were, uh, "consumed" in multiple small fires.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                            Compliment.
                            Dang you oh prodder of bovines. You shouldn't hijack the nonexistent one's account like that.

Comment

Dang you oh prodder of bovines. You shouldn't hijack the nonexistent one's account like that.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                                I've seen gas stations with and without hot food do exactly the same thing in extremely rural areas of Alabama. Banning such barriers seems comically stupid.
                                legally too. If someone in one of those stores gets robbed or killed and a barrier could have prevented it, the city will get it's butt sued off and may be even criminally liable. It won't take too long to happen in a city the size of Philly.

Comment