Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Drug Induced Senility?
    C'mere you!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    well if it is drugs it could be hard to kick the addiction. Once he had money to spend, he might have just been too tempted. And if it is mental illness it can't be helped either. Even on meds it can sometimes rear it's ugly head. But schizophrenics tend to go off of their meds because they either think they don't need them anymore or because they make them feel fuzzy.

Either way he needs help, probably professional medical help.
    Drugs like meth can do damage that recurs without additional drug use - not unlike LSD flashbacks.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Been a while since an update....

So, he had been hospitalized in that mental facility, and when he was released, I went and picked him up.

He actually seemed much more coherent and cooperative.

I spent some more time getting him shelter, a job, and some food.

Long story short, he screwed up everything I tried to arrange - he failed to report for the job interview, he lied about the community service he was supposed to do to keep his place at the shelter, and he seemed to expect me to keep putting up with his crap.

One night after Church (Wednesday night service, he was still attending) he hit me up for a loan of $50. I took him outside and read him the riot act. I mean, I didn't swear or anything, but I gave him a real healthy dose of "you've managed to screw up everything I've tried to do for you, and I don't have time for these games anymore - you are on your own!" I have to admit, I was pretty hot, because he's (28 years old) not a kid, and he just can't seem to take responsibility for his actions.

He was bugging me about "who in the Church needs help for cash - he could mow lawns, do maintenance..." - I told him I didn't want him around my Church members. I was pretty harsh, because there were other people we were helping who genuinely appreciated it, and we needed to focus on them.

He disappeared for a few weeks, and, yeah, I kinda felt bad for yelling at hm, but he didn't have any drive, and he kept coming up with all kinds of lamebrained excuses for not getting a job.

Finally, about a week ago, he showed up at Church and asked if he could talk to me. He got a job at McDondald's for mornings, and job at a local car wash in the evenings. He promised he was ready to "grow up", and just didn't want to disappoint me.

I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic, but he has been going to both jobs (I checked) and doesn't seem to have the "meth face" and other indicators that he's on drugs.

We shall see.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

4. Amen mossrose, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Been a while since an update....

So, he had been hospitalized in that mental facility, and when he was released, I went and picked him up.

He actually seemed much more coherent and cooperative.

I spent some more time getting him shelter, a job, and some food.

Long story short, he screwed up everything I tried to arrange - he failed to report for the job interview, he lied about the community service he was supposed to do to keep his place at the shelter, and he seemed to expect me to keep putting up with his crap.

One night after Church (Wednesday night service, he was still attending) he hit me up for a loan of $50. I took him outside and read him the riot act. I mean, I didn't swear or anything, but I gave him a real healthy dose of "you've managed to screw up everything I've tried to do for you, and I don't have time for these games anymore - you are on your own!" I have to admit, I was pretty hot, because he's (28 years old) not a kid, and he just can't seem to take responsibility for his actions.

He was bugging me about "who in the Church needs help for cash - he could mow lawns, do maintenance..." - I told him I didn't want him around my Church members. I was pretty harsh, because there were other people we were helping who genuinely appreciated it, and we needed to focus on them.

He disappeared for a few weeks, and, yeah, I kinda felt bad for yelling at hm, but he didn't have any drive, and he kept coming up with all kinds of lamebrained excuses for not getting a job.

Finally, about a week ago, he showed up at Church and asked if he could talk to me. He got a job at McDondald's for mornings, and job at a local car wash in the evenings. He promised he was ready to "grow up", and just didn't want to disappoint me.

I am CAUTIOUSLY optimistic, but he has been going to both jobs (I checked) and doesn't seem to have the "meth face" and other indicators that he's on drugs.

We shall see.
    Some people just need a good kick in the pants. I pray he has turned around.

6. Amen mossrose, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Some people just need a good kick in the pants. I pray he has turned around.
    Or truly hit rock bottom

I'm always still in trouble again

You're by far the worst poster on TWeb -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Or truly hit rock bottom
    Sadly, I think that's gonna have to happen with my oldest daughter.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Sadly, I think that's gonna have to happen with my oldest daughter.

I'm always still in trouble again

You're by far the worst poster on TWeb -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

10. Amen mossrose, Cow Poke, lee_merrill amen'd this post.