Thread: Disability Determination

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Disability Determination

It's been six months since I filed. I moved and that slowed it down. I've seen the doctors they asked me to. I still don't have a determination.

I'd like to be one of the 20% who don't get an initial denial but without the denial, I can't take it to a lawyer to file an appeal.

Anyway, prayer appreciated.

2. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ing Teal
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

4. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

6. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Grace to you, grace and provision...
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

8. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teallaura View Post
    It's been six months since I filed. I moved and that slowed it down. I've seen the doctors they asked me to. I still don't have a determination.

I'd like to be one of the 20% who don't get an initial denial but without the denial, I can't take it to a lawyer to file an appeal.

Anyway, prayer appreciated.
    I'll pray for you. I have a relative that finally received his disability benefits - on his third application, first try with a lawyer. If they deny you, I'd definitely talk to an attorney. I hope it doesn't take you as long as it took him to get awarded something he clearly qualified for.
    "We see unmistakably the sort of universe in which we have all along been living, and must come to terms with it. If we had foolish un-Christian hopes about human culture, they are now shattered. If we thought we were building up a heaven on earth, if we looked for something that would turn the present world from a place of pilgrimage into a permanent city satisfying the soul of man, we are disillusioned, and not a moment too soon." - C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

10. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Actually, I need a denial to get a lawyer - but I'm for skipping the denial altogether if possible.

Thanks, everyone!

12. Amen Jedidiah, Cerebrum123, LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, I may have gotten my disability. Not sure yet.

14. Amen LostSheep, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)