Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Disability Determination

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disability Determination

It's been six months since I filed. I moved and that slowed it down. I've seen the doctors they asked me to. I still don't have a determination.

I'd like to be one of the 20% who don't get an initial denial but without the denial, I can't take it to a lawyer to file an appeal.

Anyway, prayer appreciated.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

ing Teal
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Grace to you, grace and provision...
        "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
          It's been six months since I filed. I moved and that slowed it down. I've seen the doctors they asked me to. I still don't have a determination.

I'd like to be one of the 20% who don't get an initial denial but without the denial, I can't take it to a lawyer to file an appeal.

Anyway, prayer appreciated.
          I'll pray for you. I have a relative that finally received his disability benefits - on his third application, first try with a lawyer. If they deny you, I'd definitely talk to an attorney. I hope it doesn't take you as long as it took him to get awarded something he clearly qualified for.
          "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Actually, I need a denial to get a lawyer - but I'm for skipping the denial altogether if possible.

Thanks, everyone!
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So, I may have gotten my disability. Not sure yet.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment