Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Christmas Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Cards

Today's assignment for me was to do up the Christmas cards so they could be mailed tomorrow.

As I looked at our wall, it seems that this year we got a lot fewer cards than in previous years.

Is it your experience that sending Christmas cards is a dying tradition?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

I just did the mail collections for half a city (going around to the blue boxes in parking lots, unloading them, taking them to go to the mail plant) and there were tons of cards. I easily picked up thousands. I don't know that younger people necessarily do it as much but the tradition itself is very alive.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I send about the same amount every year. But I seem to get less.

Postage is prohibitive to a lot of people. It's 85 cents to send a card or letter in Canada, and 1.20 to send one to the States.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        Most of the people I sent cards to or received cards from have died over the years.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

I also make my own cards.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Of course you do Ms Steward...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Of course you do Ms Steward...

Thank you!

I think...........

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                Most of the people I sent cards to or received cards from have died over the years.
                Same here. Down to three people now.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think we have a pattern here showing the christmas cards are hazardous to people's health.

Comment

Today's assignment for me was to do up the Christmas cards so they could be mailed tomorrow.

As I looked at our wall, it seems that this year we got a lot fewer cards than in previous years.

I only hope so. Sending cards to close friends and family is one thing, sending them out to all and sundry seems worse than pointless.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Thanks, Obama! millenials!
                      "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                      Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                      Save me, save me"

Comment

I don't normally send out cards but this year I did because you gave me some!

Comment

Yep. I love sending Christmas cards but I couldn't justify the expense this year - so I sent free e-cards instead. Even we hold outs are giving in...
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Luv makes hers as well, if memory serves.

I'm thinking next year I'm going to paper the floor with card stock and let the kitties trot through red and green acrylics then onto the card stock. Draw a tree shape over it and ta da, kitty cards!
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              I only hope so. Sending cards to close friends and family is one thing, sending them out to all and sundry seems worse than pointless.
                              Why?
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment