Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tourette's Syndrome

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    For a long time I was good about not cussing. Back around 2005 I swore in front of my boss and he was shocked noting that he had never heard me swear before (in something like 3 years).

Now, unfortunately, partially due to the folks I work with, I swear all too frequently. Something I need to work on.
    Double Drat.jpg

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

2. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I was sent to the principal's office in 4th grade for making sheep sounds.

(it wasn't me, it was Jimmy Newton - I was making cow sounds! )

When the principal asked me if I was making sheep sounds, I honestly told him "no sir". He said, "Mr. Poke, I've never known you to lie - are you telling me you weren't making sheep sounds?" I said "Honest, Mr. Gallagher". He stared at me a minute, and said, "go back to class".
    When the principal heard I was sent to his office for saying "darn it" he rolled his eyes and told me to get back to class.

I'm always still in trouble again

You're by far the worst poster on TWeb -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    For a long time I was good about not cussing. Back around 2005 I swore in front of my boss and he was shocked noting that he had never heard me swear before (in something like 3 years).

Now, unfortunately, partially due to the folks I work with, I swear all too frequently. Something I need to work on.
    In all his 94 years on this planet, I never heard my Dad swear one time - even though, in the 63 years I knew him, I gave him plenty of cause in my teen years. I think he was a good role model, cause I almost never ever swear.

Except butt. And poop. And a very rare (and only on Tweb) "jackassery".

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    00000000000000rts.gif

You're by far the worst poster on TWeb -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That doesn't mean that it is a sin but rather improper and "out of place"
    Regardless of how you want to nuance it, it's something that shouldn't be done.

See also:

Source: Gal 5:19-21 NKJV

19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

© Copyright Original Source

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

7. Amen QuantaFille amen'd this post.
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    00000000000000ars2.jpg

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    yep. God doesn't hold us responsible for physical or mental problems when people are not in control.

but is cussing actually a sin? I can see someone being sinful AND cussing, maybe being mean to someone while tossing out cussing and other abuse at them. But what about just using swear words as exclamations? (not taking God in vain ones)
    Ephesians 4:29 teaches that unwholesome words should not proceed from one's mouth. Would that include swear words?

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's cultural. In our house, we weren't allowed to say "shut up" - that was "the sh" word, which, in my neighbor's house, was the swear word for poop. We can say poop, but we can't say the 'sh" word, and we can say all kinds of euphemisms for the F word, but.....

Yeah, that's always puzzled me. I think, for us Christians, anyway, the "biggie" is cursing involving blasphemy...
    In my house growing up, "the f-word" was "freak". We were not allowed to use that word.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.