Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for the Evos ...

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Or is it that the truth doesn't matter to you?
    Bingo!
    Starlight: "In America a lot of tap-water is contaminated with lead or chemicals from fracking, because the right-wing crazies are anti-regulation."
    Lilpixieoferror: "Another day another Starlight fable. What actually causes high lead levels in water is lead pipes or lead solder, not industrial waste from any source. Well, so much for this Starlight fable... I wonder what tomorrow’s made up story will be in his ‘I HATE AMERICAN CHRISTIANS!!!’ quest."

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jorge brings up an interesting point:

http://biologicalthinking.blogspot.c...dandelion.html

“Botanists scratch their heads a bit on this issue. Dandelions that don't produce pollen can make more seeds, since they are not wasting their energy. It may just be that because pollen production is genetically determined and dandelions don't evolve very quickly, the pollen production may just be an evolutionary leftover. Also, there are some sexually-reproducing dandelions in the world, so if dandelions maintain the ability to pollinate potential dandelion mates, they could just happen upon a better combination of genes than the ones they already have.”
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.” ― Anne Lamott
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian Bible-based
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jorge,

You do realize that by posting something completely wrong off a YEC website w/o even making a cursory check of the veracity of the claims you completely undermine your position.

Right?
    Yup, that would be true.

Coming from you that's one of the howlers that I was expecting. I was not disappointed.

When you do this sort of thing, not only do you undermine YEC, you undermine your claim to Faith as well. Why would you do that?
    Wow, WOW! That puts you into the lead for Mother of all Ironies.

On other fronts, here's something for a Christmas laugh .................

“At a recent meeting in Chicago, a highly distinguished international panel of experts was polled. All considered the experimental production of life in the laboratory imminent …”
    (emphasis mine) ...... Simpson, G. G. (1960) The world into which Darwin led us. Science 131: 966–974.

That was 57 years ago.
    Those "distinguished experts" and their unanimous opinion are all unanimously DEAD!

Bwahahahahahaaha!!!

Go against God and His Word and you will lose - that is 100% guaranteed!
    Hear that, O-Mudd et al.?

Jorge

Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    He's not arguing. He's rattling cages (his term).
    He also serves as an embarrassing testimony against creationists. Aside from his bad writing style, he's not really that much different from what you find in creationist textbooks. The language is cleaner, but the arguments are not any better.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Merry Christmas Jorge

I'm always still in trouble again

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Yup, that would be true.

Coming from you that's one of the howlers that I was expecting. I was not disappointed.

Wow, WOW! That puts you into the lead for Mother of all Ironies.

On other fronts, here's something for a Christmas laugh .................

“At a recent meeting in Chicago, a highly distinguished international panel of experts was polled. All considered the experimental production of life in the laboratory imminent …”
    (emphasis mine) ...... Simpson, G. G. (1960) The world into which Darwin led us. Science 131: 966–974.

That was 57 years ago.
    Those "distinguished experts" and their unanimous opinion are all unanimously DEAD!

Bwahahahahahaaha!!!

Go against God and His Word and you will lose - that is 100% guaranteed!
    Hear that, O-Mudd et al.?

Jorge
    God's word literally says God commanded the land to make life Jorge. Understanding if the text is meant to specify a specific time frame as fact or if the time elements are metaphors is an interpretive issue, one where the astute observer should avoid interpretations that lead to patently false conclusions.

So who is going against God's word Jorge?

Jim
    Jorge's trueorigins paper: "...it is known that other volcanic features match what is usually associated with impact craters including ... shatter cones and crystal deformations"

Planetary Science Institute: "Shatter cones … are found in only two places on Earth, 1) in nuclear test sites and 2) meteorite impact structures. They are formed as a result of the high pressure, high velocity shock wave ...

maximum pressures from 45 to 200 times greater than found in volcanic events (2->20 Gpa)

Faith
    Christian Omnist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jorge,

You do realize that by posting something completely wrong off a YEC website w/o even making a cursory check of the veracity of the claims you completely undermine your position.

Right?

"Doubt is not the opposite of faith; it is one element of faith." — Paul Tillich

"The opposite of faith is not doubt, but certainty." — Anne Lamott

"For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known." — 1 Cor. 13:12 (NRSV)