Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Horror movies on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    The Resident Evil movies are not bad but they are more Action movie than horror.
    Yeah, the RE movies are ok, but not really horror and I definitely wouldn't call them great.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      The Resident Evil movies are not bad but they are more Action movie than horror.
      Yeah, the games started down that path with Resident Evil 4. Which was a mix of both action and horror. The first 3 games were more about survival and puzzles than shooting zombies. The action titles were fun, but they were never as scary/creepy as the early titles. There was always a sense of dread about what was around the next corner in the old games, but some of the more recent titles were just you blasting your way through hordes of enemies. Probably the best mix between the two styles were the Resident Evil Revelations games. You had to be far more careful due to limited supplies, and nearly unlimited enemies, but you had more control on how and when you fought the monsters. I still need to get Resident Evil Revelations 2.

All of the older games referenced old horror movies. The first one referenced Jaws, and stuff like Night of the Living Dead. Sometimes they would even take short bits from various movies and basically recreate the scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        For a while now I feel like I've been really scraping the bottom of the barrel when I go looking for horror movies on Netflix. Like after I scroll past all the ones I've already watched, suddenly I'm in a barren wasteland of low budgets and terrible scripts.

So: what are some good horror gems on Netflix? I'll list a few that I've seen, as I think of them, but I'm open to any suggestions. If you're not sure if it's horror, suggest it anyway. Thrillers are fine too.
        Scream
        Piranha
        The Lake Placid films
        Cabin in the Woods
        Green Inferno

- among others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushing Jaws View Post
          Scream
          Piranha
          The Lake Placid films
          Cabin in the Woods
          Green Inferno

- among others.
          The nightly newscast
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment