Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Horror movies on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror movies on Netflix

For a while now I feel like I've been really scraping the bottom of the barrel when I go looking for horror movies on Netflix. Like after I scroll past all the ones I've already watched, suddenly I'm in a barren wasteland of low budgets and terrible scripts.

So: what are some good horror gems on Netflix? I'll list a few that I've seen, as I think of them, but I'm open to any suggestions. If you're not sure if it's horror, suggest it anyway. Thrillers are fine too.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

in the same boat. I like sci-fi movies but most are low budget sci-fi horror movies with the same plot and horrible acting. Typically involving a team of scientists/soldiers/civilians, etc invading an island/secret lab/underground base and being picked off one by one by some alien/monster/robot/giant animal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      in the same boat. I like sci-fi movies but most are low budget sci-fi horror movies with the same plot and horrible acting. Typically involving a team of scientists/soldiers/civilians, etc invading an island/secret lab/underground base and being picked off one by one by some alien/monster/robot/giant animal.
      I'm a sucker for sci-fi, but yeah...that genre's in even worse shape than horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        I'm a sucker for sci-fi, but yeah...that genre's in even worse shape than horror.
        most of the time it is the same genre. Most "sci-fi" has typically been "horror" movies dressed up in spacesuits or tech.

Comment

You guys have way more choice than we do.

And half of the new horror/sci-fi movies lately are foreign. Might be really good, but I can't understand them.

Pretty slim pickings, indeed.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            You guys have way more choice than we do.

And half of the new horror/sci-fi movies lately are foreign. Might be really good, but I can't understand them.

Pretty slim pickings, indeed.
            I find that the Netflix Original Movies are generally actually pretty good compared to the "regular" movies they have on there. Maybe they don't want their name associated with garbage. Their TV shows are usually pretty good too. Like Stranger Things.

Comment

And I'm trying to figure out why anyone would watch a horror movies.

(Sci-Fi yes, horror )
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I find that the Netflix Original Movies are generally actually pretty good compared to the "regular" movies they have on there. Maybe they don't want their name associated with garbage. Their TV shows are usually pretty good too. Like Stranger Things.
                Some are good. We don't like Stranger Things.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post

(Sci-Fi yes, horror )
                  yeah generally I don't like horror movies either. There are a few I liked but then they usually ruin it by making a ton of sequels.

I do like some tv series in the horror genre like The Walking Dead and Stranger Things (previously mentioned)

Comment

As a fan of the old Archie comics, I also refuse to watch the new Riverdale series.
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post

(Sci-Fi yes, horror )
                      Personally I love a good horror movie. The problem is that few are good.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Personally I love a good horror movie. The problem is that few are good.
                        I love horror movies in principle, it's just that they all suck in practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                          I love horror movies in principle, it's just that they all suck in practice.
                          I did enjoy Jeepers Creepers. I haven't watched the Resident Evil movies, but I played the games. They were cheesy, but creepy at the same time. Especially some of the earlier titles, like Code Veronica X. Which seemed to be heavily inspired by Psycho.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            I did enjoy Jeepers Creepers. I haven't watched the Resident Evil movies, but I played the games. They were cheesy, but creepy at the same time. Especially some of the earlier titles, like Code Veronica X. Which seemed to be heavily inspired by Psycho.
                            The Resident Evil movies are not bad but they are more Action movie than horror.

Comment

The Resident Evil movies are not bad but they are more Action movie than horror.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment