Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.12.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.12.21

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    Jesus, the Light of Christmas…
    Shalom!

We’ve read how angels broke into the dark night of a group of shepherds taking care of their sheep with the message of Jesus’ birth. The scriptures tell us that the shepherds left their flocks and went in search of Jesus. I wonder when the shepherds arrived and looked into the manger and saw Jesus for the first time if they had any idea the impact the baby would have on history. Did they have any idea they were other than Joseph and Mary the first humans since Adam and Eve to see God with their own eyes.

I wonder when they gathered around the manger if they had any idea that Jesus had come not only to reveal the Father but to give Light to the Father’s mysteriousness. I wonder if the shepherds knew Jesus was the revelation of God’s Light in the dark corridors of their lives. I wonder if the shepherds knew the dark corridors of their lives were fertile fields where God’s Light would bring forth the fruit of God’s richest blessings.

There’s no way we can possibly know what transpired in the minds of the shepherds when they first saw Jesus but experience has taught us that even as we walk though the valley of the shadow of death there is treasure. We are living witnesses that it is in darkness where God’s Light shines bright revealing his love and compassion for us.

Jesus brought with him the Treasure God’s Light. Along with the shepherds we are treasure hunters seeking God’s Treasured Light and because we have experienced the Treasure we have become tiny points of light as well. And Jesus says to us, “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket. Instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.” (Matthew 5:14–16, NLT)

Celebrate Jesus’ birth – because through the life of his Only Begotten Son God celebrates your life!

“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.” **

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

** Romans 15:13, NLT
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X