Merry Christmas TWeb!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My hair is turning white, does that count?
    We had a foot of snow come down around Atlanta a couple weeks ago. That's probably more than we get in a decade.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      Here as well.

We are hitting the road to spend the holiday with my in-laws. Back late tomorrow. Until then - Merry Christmas to all of the Christians here, and happy holidays to all of the rest of you. May this year be the beginning of true peace on earth!
      You mean happy Holy Days!
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        You mean happy Holy Days!
        They're not all "holy days," so the generic "holidays" seems more appropriate to me. The term "holy days" is specifically religious. The term "holidays" is more generic and refers to both, at least according to its etymology. I prefer to be as inclusive as possible.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

They're not all "holy days," so the generic "holidays" seems more appropriate to me. The term "holy days" is specifically religious. The term "holidays" is more generic and refers to both, at least according to its etymology. I prefer to be as inclusive as possible.
          Well, I just like to use the true meaning of the word...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Well, I just like to use the true meaning of the word...
            As a Christian - I would assume you would. As a non-Christian, I lean more towards inclusion.

That being said, Merry Christmas, Seer. I hope you and yours have a marvelous day.

nativity-manger-scene.jpg
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

It's Christmas eve. Tomorrow my family is making Chinese food. It is a wonderful day. The incarnation is a great mystery. The infinite becoming finite yet remaining entirely God and man. We can never understand how it works but in becoming less he could bring us to him. He will come again one day.
              sigpic

Comment

As a Christian - I would assume you would. As a non-Christian, I lean more towards inclusion.

That being said, Merry Christmas, Seer. I hope you and yours have a marvelous day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25679[/ATTACH]
                Thank you and you too Carp!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                  It's Christmas eve. Tomorrow my family is making Chinese food. It is a wonderful day. The incarnation is a great mystery. The infinite becoming finite yet remaining entirely God and man. We can never understand how it works but in becoming less he could bring us to him. He will come again one day.
                  We're having fajitas and all things Mexican. Feliz Navidad!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We had leftovers tonight. Our Christmas was yesterday.

My kids had to leave early today to go home because of the weather.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      We had leftovers tonight. Our Christmas was yesterday.

My kids had to leave early today to go home because of the weather.

I was 18 years old before I knew what leftovers were. With 9 kids, mom, dad and gramma, there never were any.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I was 18 years old before I knew what leftovers were. With 9 kids, mom, dad and gramma, there never were any.

My son in law always cooks way too much food. There are 5 adults and a munchkin and there's always leftovers. But it's prime rib so it's ok!

For example, he cooked 12 eggs for breakfast, and the adults each had 1. We are having egg salad for the rest of the week! And we thought they were going to be here for lunch today, but they left right after breakfast, so I have tons of lunch fixins'! Good thing MelMak's got a couple of weeks off!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          My son in law always cooks way too much food. There are 5 adults and a munchkin and there's always leftovers. But it's prime rib so it's ok!

For example, he cooked 12 eggs for breakfast, and the adults each had 1. We are having egg salad for the rest of the week! And we thought they were going to be here for lunch today, but they left right after breakfast, so I have tons of lunch fixins'! Good thing MelMak's got a couple of weeks off!
                          That's my sister-in-law. When my brother married her all she could cook was a grilled cheese sandwich, but she ended up managing a small restaurant and I swear she can only cook for 15-20 people at a time. But she is a good cook -- as is my brother.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We're having fajitas and all things Mexican. Feliz Navidad!

Mexican? I can do Christmas Maxican-style!

(puts on poncho, Mexican hat, and bandolier)

Christmas? We dohn need no stinkin Christmas!

(end simulation)

Comment

I like this version, but I miss the children singing...

Comment

And this one, too....

Comment