Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.12.25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.12.25

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    The Light of Christmas continued…
    Shalom!

While it was in the beginning when God said, “…Let there be light,” and there was light.” (Genesis 1:3, NLT) You could understand it in a different time and place. This may not be biblical, but what better way to understand and experience the birth of Jesus then, “Let there be Light?” And there was Jesus!

Consider for a moment these two inspirational and powerful verses written by the apostle Pau. “For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.” (2 Corinthians 4:6–7, NLT)

Had I penned those verses instead of Paul I would have written them, “God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made it possible for Jesus to shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God.” By adding those three words it becomes a choice whether Jesus shines in our hearts or not. Those who choose Jesus Light shines in their heart 365/24/7, those who do not choose Jesus Light shines in their eyes 1/24/7.

As important as understanding our choice is what Paul wrote in verse 7 contain the “here’s what happens when the Light shines in our hearts,” awesome truth. One reason for Jesus to come as a baby was to illustrate our own fragility, if Jesus who IS the Son of God was fragile what does that say about us? Yet as the Light shines on and in our own fragility we are gifted the un-fragility of Jesus by the Holy Spirit. Christmas is not just about Jesus’ birth, Christmas is also about what Jesus did with His life/living and at the same time passes it on to us. Chose Jesus, and the Light WILL shine!

“Jesus speaks to you once more, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”” (John 8:12, NLT, adapted)

“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”**

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

** Romans 15:13, NLT

Amen Gary!! I just love that quote from 2 Corinthians. Not a Bible Book I go to read often, but that verse is striking, and blessing!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X