Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Undisputed facts.

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Undisputed facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Shaver View Post
    A good enough reason to believe any assertion is any undisputed fact, or set of facts, that is inconsistent with the assertion's denial.
    Histories are not undisputable facts.

Christianity is based on a written claimed history. Without its written documents claims, Christianity is without foundation.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    Histories are not undisputable facts.

Christianity is based on a written claimed history. Without its written documents claims, Christianity is without foundation.
    Kind of a weak foundation to base one's belief, since most of the documents are without provenance and documented known authors at the time they are claimed to be written.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Kind of a weak foundation to base one's belief, since most of the documents are without provenance and documented known authors at the time they are claimed to be written.
    That is funny Shuny, your own religion takes the New Testament as historical, and quotes it as such quite often.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

4. Amen 37818 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Three core principles establish a basis for Bahá'í teachings and doctrine: the unity of God, the unity of religion, and the unity of humanity. And that is based on what written history?
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    That is funny Shuny, your own religion takes the New Testament as historical, and quotes it as such quite often.
    You do not believe in the Baha'i Faith nor understand what the Baha'i Faith teaches. You have a reputation of selective citation rampage against everything you do not believe in from science to other religions, nothing new.
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You do not believe in the Baha'i Faith nor understand what the Baha'i Faith teaches. You have a reputation of selective citation rampage against everything you do not believe in from science to other religions, nothing new.
    The Baha'i faith is based on a alleged history from 1863. And makes claims from histories before it.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    The Baha'i faith is based on a alleged history from 1863. And makes claims from histories before it.
    True, but if I accepted the Bible as is I would be a Christian, and the correct view is that the Bible is set in history, and not in and of itself history. I consider it the view of the Church Fathers and Paul of God, God' relationship of humanity at that time in history, and not literal scripture. The Baha'i writings are also not history, but set in history. In terms of Christianity, Baha'i Faith, and all religions I rely on history written by others, and witnesses outside the religion itself. In the case of the Baha'i Faith there are extensive reliable records and historical accounts including photography available outside the Baha'i writings. Much of this is by non-Baha'is. Any miracles that appear to have happened in the early years of Baha'i history are not considered factual nor undisputed regardless of the claims of witnesses.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-26-2017 at 06:29 PM.

Frank

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You are lying about me again Shuny, I have repeatedly quoted Baha'i teachings using New Testament writings as source documents, as well as Old Testament writings.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    You are lying about me again Shuny, I have repeatedly quoted Baha'i teachings using New Testament writings as source documents, as well as Old Testament writings.
    Again your unethical selective use of citations leers it ugly head from the sewer.

Frank

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Again your unethical selective use of citations leers it ugly head from the sewer.
    And your lying is obvious and tedious...