Some days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some days.

Some days especially today it is as if you are expected to just nod along and agree with everything except what is true. Pagan christ thesis runs rampant. One brother fails to understand grace and thinks everything is predetermined. The other thinks the romans made it all up. Everyone talks about tamuz and horus. They think i am weird for saying that Horus was not crucified and that not every christian thinks the 25th is the day tocelebrate the incarnation. Still i fear that I may be lording over them in knowing the truth. I do not know how to reach them without them seeing me as hostile or being " buthurt".
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    Some days especially today it is as if you are expected to just nod along and agree with everything except what is true. Pagan christ thesis runs rampant. One brother fails to understand grace and thinks everything is predetermined. The other thinks the romans made it all up. Everyone talks about tamuz and horus. They think i am weird for saying that Horus was not crucified and that not every christian thinks the 25th is the day tocelebrate the incarnation. Still i fear that I may be lording over them in knowing the truth. I do not know how to reach them without them seeing me as hostile or being " buthurt".
    Whenever someone acts aggravated when I try to correct utter nonsense I tend to wait awhile then pick a subject that they know a good deal about then start making ridiculous statements about it which causes them to try to straighten me out with the facts. At this point I'll point out that how they feel at this time is how I feel when they start pontificating about something they know little about.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

This isn't really advice, because I don't really know the best way to advise you. But here's something to think about. These bad days, full of frustration and trials, are quite likely the Lord testing you. He thinks you're strong enough to stand the test, otherwise it wouldn't seem so serious. The takeaway is the Lord is pleased with you, he thinks you're strong enough to stand this test and later ones to come.

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Originally posted by LostSheep View Post
        This isn't really advice, because I don't really know the best way to advise you. But here's something to think about. These bad days, full of frustration and trials, are quite likely the Lord testing you. He thinks you're strong enough to stand the test, otherwise it wouldn't seem so serious. The takeaway is the Lord is pleased with you, he thinks you're strong enough to stand this test and later ones to come.

It's hard to see that when you are facing trials. I find it hard to rejoice in trials though I know I have been through them with his help.
        sigpic

Comment