Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.12.29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2017.12.29

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2017: Anticipating and Experiencing God...
    Goodbye 2017, Hello 2018…
    Shalom!

“This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:9, NLT)

If you’re like me you’re looking forward for the ending of 2017, I am suggesting 2017 was a bad year or a good year, it is what it is, but it isn’t what 2018 will be! While it is true there are always carryovers from one year to the next there are no carbon copy years. With each new year come new and exciting possibilities, new challenges. There will be gains and losses. There will be open and closed doors. There will be those who begin 2018 will not see it come to an end. And throughout every moment God will be here for us! The LORD in Joshua gives us a command to be strong and courageous because He is with us.

The Psalmist in turn tells us what God does for us and in us if we obey his command to be strong and courageous. I look up to the mountains—does my help come from there? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth! He will not let you stumble; the One who watches over you will not slumber. Indeed, He who watches over Israel never slumbers or sleeps. The LORD Himself watches over you! The LORD stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night. The LORD keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. The LORD keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever. (Psalms 121:1-8, NLT)

One may get the idea that God is commanding us to be super disciples, yet as Paul writes it is the opposite that is true. “Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9–10, NLT)

With 2018 beginning I will be starting my 15th year of writing and producing Glory Seed Devotionals I have been trying to think of a Yearly Theme that not only illustrates why it is important do continue to deepen our personal relationship with Jesus. I have come up with a Theme that expresses what I will be attempting to do – “2018 Prelude to Life” based on the following scripture. “Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6, NLT) I would like to take a little time for saying thank you to each one of you for following the Glory Seeds and my Glory Seed Blog. Since my physical world has shrunken over the past year I have turned to my laptop computer and internet to fulfill the promises I made to Jesus to tell his story to as many people as I possibly can, thank you for your prayers and support. I know as we move through 2018 we will find the Life Jesus is willing to give us not because of anything I write or do but because Jesus sends us the Holy Spirit as our constant companion. Thank you again and may you find Success and Life in 2018!

“I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.”**

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.

** Romans 15:13, NLT
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X