Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Record Cold, US and Europe: Global Warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Cold, US and Europe: Global Warming?

It is freaking cold, I can't remember it being this cold in December for this long since the sixties, with no end in sight. Europe is experiencing the same. How does this square with Global warming...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

After several threads on this very topic I find your continual use of this absurd strawman to be fascinating.

The information has been presented to you in several varied forms in this very forum, yet you obtusely persist with (I can only assume) purposefully misrepresenting it.

Its very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      How does this square with Global warming...
      The liberal mantra is "Weather is not climate!" even though they're having a heck of a time explaining why the weather isn't following their predictions. Sure, they try to explain it away with nonsense like it's getting warmer at the poles, and this is pushing colder air towards the equator or some BS like that, but none of the predictions were for record cold temperatures throughout the world! We're long past the point where "settled science" claimed that snow would be an almost unheard of phenomenon.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
          After several threads on this very topic I find your continual use of this absurd strawman to be fascinating.

The information has been presented to you in several varied forms in this very forum, yet you obtusely persist with (I can only assume) purposefully misrepresenting it.

Its very interesting.
          Well it seems that no weather conditions can falsify the global warming meme...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Its very interesting.
            And yet liberal alarmists use the same absurdity when they hear of hot weather and major storms.
            When I Survey....

Comment

Its very interesting.
              Can you show us one time it was predicted that global warming would lead to record cold temperatures?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It is freaking cold, I can't remember it being this cold in December for this long since the sixties, with no end in sight. Europe is experiencing the same. How does this square with Global warming...
                seer, c'mon, just google it and educate yourself buddy. This has been gone over a million times, so I'm pretty sure that you already know the answer. How is it that you guys have such a penchant for denial when it comes to science which you believe is fake, or the media which you think is fake! but somehow you don't question the historicity of the bible. How does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Can you show us one time it was predicted that global warming would lead to record cold temperatures?
                  I remember our "Weekly Readers" scaring us to death when we were kids about "the Coming Ice Age".
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well it seems that no weather conditions can falsify the global warming meme...
                    No single weather observation in a single location at a single point in time could ever falsify Global Warming. Now if global temperatures starts dropping for the next twenty years that would be different. And rather unexpected as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I remember our "Weekly Readers" scaring us to death when we were kids about "the Coming Ice Age".
                      I once Arthur C. Clarke having a short story featuring this fear. Yet at the time there weren't actually that many peer reviewed papers discussing it. It was more of a popular opinion of science. Comparing it to modern day climatology is not something I see how one can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        I once Arthur C. Clarke having a short story featuring this fear. Yet at the time there weren't actually that many peer reviewed papers discussing it. It was more of a popular opinion of science. Comparing it to modern day climatology is not something I see how one can do.
                        Yeah, yeah, yeah... every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you!

Time cooling warming.jpg

Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-29-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

but none of the predictions were for record cold temperatures throughout the world!
                          The US is not the entire world Mountain Man.

We're long past the point where "settled science" claimed that snow would be an almost unheard of phenomenon.
                          I can't find this opinion in the IPCC papers which represents the consensus. If there's an oddball out there believing that then that's for them. Even at optimistic (or pessimistic) depending on how you're counting it'll still take a millenium for the polar caps to melt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Yeah, yeah, yeah... every party needs a pooper, that's why we invited you!

I'll probably get dogpiled again on this and leave at some point. I gotta get in a few words though.

But you probably have an idea of how highly I rate popular journals ability to track science. And they've been getting worse at it over the years in my opinion. This is the age of clickbait after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                              And yet liberal alarmists use the same absurdity when they hear of hot weather and major storms.
                              I don't. Global warming is not about this or that weather phenomenon. Its about the global average temperature rising slowly for the next century or so, and the consequences this will have. That Denmark had a record hot winter (and a record hot summer), is a symptom of that, but weather is a might bit more random than the global average.

Comment