Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do you believe in zombies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    When we all know that's that thing that happened that makes cops read you your rights when they arrest you!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Oh I see, I need to agree with you, otherwise I'm trolling. Gotcha!
      You started a thread with what you know we Christians consider a blasphemous statement, that is a troll and you know it JimL so stop pretending otherwise. Sparko called you out on it and you are upset because you were caught and are now trying to deflect from the truth.
      Last edited by RumTumTugger; 01-05-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Jim, do you have any idea at all what a parable is?
        This is not a parable. Jesus is saying that no one had ascended into heaven and returned with information from there, he had come from heaven with information, and so Nicodemus should listen to what he has to say. Jim's "contradiction" here is, at best, on the level of the Skeptic's Annotated Bible.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          This is not a parable.
          Nor did I claim it to be. And I responded to JimL regarding that...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Correct, but Jesus OFTEN spoke things that people didn't understand, and, and when asked why He speaks in parables, he said (paraphrasing a bit)...

(Mat 13) - Then the disciples came and said to him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?”

And he answered them, “To CP, Rogue, Mossy and OBP it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to JimL it has not been given.

So, your notion that "if that was what Jesus was trying to say, I think he would have said it" is sheer ignorance.

(yeah, I'm being facetious in putting our names there, stating that we know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven - but I think we know a bit better than JimL)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is not a parable. Jesus is saying that no one had ascended into heaven and returned with information from there, he had come from heaven with information, and so Nicodemus should listen to what he has to say. Jim's "contradiction" here is, at best, on the level of the Skeptic's Annotated Bible.
            That's probably where he got it from anyway.

Comment

Correct, but Jesus OFTEN spoke things that people didn't understand, and, and when asked why He speaks in parables, he said (paraphrasing a bit)...
              In parables yes, but this wasn't a parable it was a straight forward statement "no one has gone up to heaven other than himself." Nothing about all that other crap cited by Adrift in order to try and make it right.
              (Mat 13) - Then the disciples came and said to him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?”

And he answered them, “To CP, Rogue, Mossy and OBP it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to JimL it has not been given.
              Yeah, again CP, this wasn't Jesus speaking in parables, it was Jesus clearly stating that no one has gone up to heaven but himself.
              So, your notion that "if that was what Jesus was trying to say, I think he would have said it" is sheer ignorance.
              Wasn't a parable CP so your point is moot.

(yeah, I'm being facetious in putting our names there, stating that we know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven - but I think we know a bit better than JimL)
              Well you people haven't much of a choice, your minds are fixed, and if something doesn't fit you have no choice but to try and make it fit, at least to your satisfaction.
              Last edited by JimL; 01-05-2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Your dumb questions and your fake obtuseness regarding the answers pretty much shows this is a troll thread, JimL. You ain't foolin' anyone.
                You call them dumb questions, I call your answers dumb, so we're even. I can only assume that the personal attacks are a defensive mechanism.

Comment

He's a big boy, Jim, and if he (or the rest of us) want to leave, we can do so at our own chosen speed.

Bob Dylan's original is better.

Comment

In parables yes
                    I bet you had to look up "parables".
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

When we all know that's that thing that happened that makes cops read you your rights when they arrest you!

That's your Carmen Miranda's.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You call them dumb questions, I call your answers dumb, so we're even. I can only assume that the personal attacks are a defensive mechanism.
                        And now you have sunk to the level of essentially saying

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          That's your Carmen Miranda's.
                          Did you mean,

Or perhaps,

carman_liveandreloaded-56a14ca63df78cf7726961d2.jpg

Or even?

Comment

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                            You started a thread with what you know we Christians consider a blasphemous statement, that is a troll and you know it JimL so stop pretending otherwise. Sparko called you out on it and you are upset because you were caught and are now trying to deflect from the truth.
                            Blah Blah blah. If you have an actual argument to make then make it and stop your whining. It was a simple question. Do you believe that your rotted body will resurrect and come up from 6 ft under and then ascend on up into the wild blue yonder? Some christians don't believe that. Many, because of the absurdity of a physical resurrection, believe instead in a spiritual resurrection.

Comment

No, Jesus did not say that. He says, "no one has gone up to heaven except the one who has come down, meaning himself of course.." Do you know what "no one has gone up to heaven means? It means that "no one has gone up to heaven." It doesn't mean that, unlike Jesus, the others that went up, didn't come back down. It means that no one else has gone up.

Comment

Because absolutely nothing is known about them, that's how I know. They are never mentioned again. It's totally unbelievable that many saints resurrected in front of many people and then just vanished.
                                After Pentecost, we have all of one chronicler who documents matters from a third party perspective - and his record primarily documents the activity of Paul. The balance of the New Testament record (after Pentecost - itself 7 weeks after the crucifixion) is written from a first party perspective. Why would the absence of accounts outside the purview of the authors be significant?
                                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                                Scripture before Tradition:
                                but that won't prevent others from
                                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment