Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do you believe in zombies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Obviously!
    The soul is the body's sim card and it lives in the small toe of the left foot disguised as the toenail. Don't tell anyone I told you that. It is a church secret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      The soul is the body's sim card and it lives in the small toe of the left foot disguised as the toenail. Don't tell anyone I told you that. It is a church secret.
      Yeah, that's very cute Sparko. Now if you could give an actual description since you insist that everybody knows how to define the spirit that is somehow housed in the material body?

Comment

Yeah, that's very cute Sparko. Now if you could give an actual description since you insist that everybody knows how to define the spirit that is somehow housed in the material body?
        i don't understand. I just did.

Comment

i don't understand.
          Exactly.

Comment

Exactly.

In order to compare Human soul and Mobile phone SIM card, first we need
            to have clear understanding about the definitions of Human Soul and and
            SIM card.

*SIM Card* : A SIM card, also known as a ‘’*subscriber identity
            module’’*, is a smart card that stores data for GSM cellular talk
            phone subscribers. Such data includes user identity, location and phone
            number, network authorization data, personal security keys, contact
            lists and stored text messages.

A SIM card can be switched easily from one phone set to another. The
            portability of data offers a number of benefits. For example, a user
            that buys a new phone can install the current SIM card to associate the
            new phone with the same number and user preferences as the old one.

*Soul*: A S-O-U-L is the *‘’Science of understanding life’’* and also
            the spiritual part of a human being or animal, etc regarded as immortal.
            A soul is made up of Nano Bio Chip. Information can be stored on Carbon
            Molecule or Air Molecule or Hydrogen molecule. This Nano bio Chip may be
            peptide or amino acids or carbon atom. These amino acids develop with
            the gravitational forces of stars and planets in the universe.Bio carbon
            atom is so designed that it can store what is seen by eyes, what is
            heard by ears , what is spoken by tongue and what is thought by mind .

Let’s consider a mobile phone with activated SIM card in it.It consists
            of phone memory (inbuilt memory) and SIM card memory. We can save
            information like contacts, messages etc both in phone and SIM card
            memory...

Similarly a human body with activated soul can store information
            like what is seen by eyes, what is heard by ears , what is spoken by
            tongue and what is thought by mind etc both in inbuilt memory ( brain)
            and in the SIM card memory ( Soul).

https://www.booksie.com/posting/pare...im-card-407514

Comment

Obviously!
              Jim, when you ask a nonsense question (as you just did to Sparko), it's a bit much to expect a sensible reply.

Just sayin'.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Heresy! It's in the pineal gland!

Comment

• Originally posted by psstein View Post
                  For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Heresy! It's in the pineal gland!

Only gnostic heathens still believe that old wive's tale. Scientists have proven it is in the little toenail of the left foot because of the lack of a soul in people who have had their left foot amputated. They are empty vessels which have been taken over by demons. As a pirate I know this because although I have had my right leg cut off and have a peg leg, some of my buddies have had their left legs cut off and they became demon possessed. Like rogue06.

Comment

...some of my buddies have had their left legs cut off and they became demon possessed. Like rogue06.
                    That explains a lot!
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

So is the resurrected body tailored to fit the spirit exactly, or is the spirit flexible so that it can expand or contract in order to fit into their resurrected body? I mean what is the spirit exactly, is it like Decartes homunculus, a tiny thing that sits somewhere in the pineal gland, or is it the image of the body, fitting snuggly into the whole of it like a body in a suit. I mean what would a spirit actually look like if they were visible, do they come in different sizes and shapes like material bodies, or are they all the same size and shape?
                      Spirits aren't physical things - so you're asking for a description of the color of sound and the smell of a picture - there is no frame of reference to describe a spirit in physical terms.

Like the wind, we know of its existence by its actions.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Jim, when you ask a nonsense question (as you just did to Sparko), it's a bit much to expect a sensible reply.

Just sayin'.
                        Well that is probably true OBP. I did assume that there would be no sensible reply forthcoming, but I figured I'd give ya's a shot at it at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Spirits aren't physical things
                          But you do consider them things, no? I mean in the sense that they have size and shape? Are they limited in size, such as are material things? Are they flexible, expand and contract? I've been told that they jump back into their old resurrected bodies, so I assume that they are a certain size in that they are able to fit into their respective material digs, no?

- so you're asking for a description of the color of sound and the smell of a picture - there is no frame of reference to describe a spirit in physical terms.

Like the wind, we know of its existence by its actions.
                          Right, but you know that spirits must come in different sizes and shapes, or that at least they have a certain size limit in order that they don't burst out the orifices of the body they inhabit, yes?

Comment

But you do consider them things, no? I mean in the sense that they have size and shape? Are they limited in size, such as are material things? Are they flexible, expand and contract? I've been told that they jump back into their old resurrected bodies, so I assume that they are a certain size in that they are able to fit into their respective material digs, no?
                            1) Yes, I consider them things but not as you define it. Beauty is a thing but it has neither size nor shape.
                            2) No.
                            3) Unknown but it's dubious that 'size' applies.
                            4) They aren't material - what frame of reference would we use for this>?
                            5) No.

Right, but you know that spirits must come in different sizes and shapes, or that at least they have a certain size limit in order that they don't burst out the orifices of the body they inhabit, yes?
                            No, irrational. Presumes facts not in evidence - and presumes the antithesis of the understanding of 'spirit'.

You've seen Ghostbusters one time too many - the Christian understanding is not a physical one. No extoplasm, no material.
                            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                              Unknown but it's dubious that 'size' applies.
                              Well, technically it's not unknown or dubious whether size applies. We know the answer to that pretty conclusively. Spirit isn't a gas; it's completely immaterial. It doesn't flex/expand/contract or anything of the sort. It doesn't need to.

Comment

I went on a diet once and lost too much weight and my spirit kept hanging out. It was a bit embarrassing. I had to wear a spiritual girdle until I could lose the spirit weight to match my body.

Luke 12:35 Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;
                                36 And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately.
                                37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.

Comment