Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do you believe in zombies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Where is the wind?
    or where is the number 2?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      or where is the number 2?
      When are you going to tell us where the soul is? Where is your soul/spirit right now Sparko? I don't think you have any clue how to answer that, any of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Your opinion is duly noted.
        There is no verifiable evidence to support the existence of souls. They can be reduced to the neurological function of the brain and nervous system.

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Where is the wind?
        The "wind" is air in natural motion...it is measurable and it's its existence is not in doubt. Unlike the hypothesis of the 'soul'!
        Last edited by Tassman; 01-22-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          There is no verifiable evidence to support the existence of souls. They can be reduced to the neurological function of the brain and nervous system.
          Not verifiably.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Not verifiably.
            Or to put it another way, the notion of 'souls' is a failed hypothesis

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              When are you going to tell us where the soul is? Where is your soul/spirit right now Sparko? I don't think you have any clue how to answer that, any of you.
              What I was getting at is that prepositions don't have meaning when talking about the interaction of the material and the immaterial. We use them out of convention, not literal meaning. A soul and body go together - but you're asking how a ten dimensional body interacts with a two dimensional one - there's no frame of reference to give the kind of answer you're looking for. And that's in large part an error on your part - you're applying your worldview to ours. They don't mesh - cannot mesh - because the materialist view you take is contrary to the Christian view that there is more than the material universe.

Which only proves that one has to be false - it doesn't tell us anything about which one that is.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I already told you. It is in the left little toe. Don't you bother to read?

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  What I was getting at is that prepositions don't have meaning when talking about the interaction of the material and the immaterial. We use them out of convention, not literal meaning. A soul and body go together - but you're asking how a ten dimensional body interacts with a two dimensional one - there's no frame of reference to give the kind of answer you're looking for. And that's in large part an error on your part - you're applying your worldview to ours. They don't mesh - cannot mesh - because the materialist view you take is contrary to the Christian view that there is more than the material universe.

Which only proves that one has to be false - it doesn't tell us anything about which one that is.
                  We are talking about the material universe, more to the point we are talking about the material body, within the which christians claim there to exist a spirit or soul. If the preposition has no meaning, then what exactly do you mean? It seems to me that what you're all saying is that it makes no sense, we can't explain it, but we just believe it anyway.

Comment

I already told you. It is in the left little toe. Don't you bother to read?
                    Yes, you've already made it perfectly clear that you have no idea what you're talking about Sparko

Comment

Yes, you've already made it perfectly clear that you have no idea what you're talking about Sparko
                      I don't know what I am talking about? Look in the mirror buddy.

OK sure the soul is not actually in the little toe. I just made that up. But JimL, NO CHRISTIAN is going to tell you, an atheist where the soul is. It a very closely held church secret. If people like you knew where the soul is, all Christians would be vulnerable. You atheists could go around stealing our souls and holding them hostage.

Comment

OK sure the soul is not actually in the little toe. I just made that up. But JimL, NO CHRISTIAN is going to tell you, an atheist where the soul is. It a very closely held church secret. If people like you knew where the soul is, all Christians would be vulnerable. You atheists could go around stealing our souls and holding them hostage.
                        Uh, right! Yeah, closely guarded secret. Isn't it the same place where the Holy Spirit indwells us believers?
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Like I said Sparko, you have no clue. No need to keep telling us that.

Comment

• Jimmy has no clue!
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              Jimmy has no clue!
                              That's true, that's why I'm asking you christians, but it seams you have no clue either. Apparently it's just a bunch of nonsense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                                Uh, right! Yeah, closely guarded secret. Isn't it the same place where the Holy Spirit indwells us believers?
                                Shush!!!! Don't tell him!

Comment