Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do you believe in zombies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Why do you keep dishonestly cutting off the words of John? He continues... "Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."
    It's the only way he has a case, that's why.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Why do you keep dishonestly cutting off the words of John? He continues... "Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist."
      Because it should be self evident. Because the desciples realize that Jesus is speaking of John when he identifies him as Elijah only means that they are recognizing the fact that John is Elijah. That's what Jesus is telling them. "But I tell you, Elijah has come" as it is written of him!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Because it should be self evident. Because the desciples realize that Jesus is speaking of John when he identifies him as Elijah only means that they are recognizing the fact that John is Elijah. That's what Jesus is telling them. "But I tell you, Elijah has come" as it is written of him!
        I'm just going to have to assume you're purposely being a blockhead, because nobody can be that birdbrained stupid and type on a computer.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm just going to have to assume you're purposely being a blockhead, because nobody can be that birdbrained stupid and type on a computer.
          Well, apparently you can be CP, so, wrong once again.

Comment

And once again, Jim goes with his best 'argument' - ape the other guy.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Have fun, Jim - unsubscribing.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                I'm outta here!

Comment

Okay, you've completely lost me. Are you accepting that John the Baptist is the successor to Elijah or are you contending that John was Elijah reincarnated?

The latter is theologically flawed but even so, both undermine the argument for contradiction. Would you please explain what you're now arguing?
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Okay, you've completely lost me. Are you accepting that John the Baptist is the successor to Elijah or are you contending that John was Elijah reincarnated?

The latter is theologically flawed but even so, both undermine the argument for contradiction. Would you please explain what you're now arguing?
                    I'm alleging that John is supposed to be exactly who he is prophesied to be, and exactly who Jesus says he is. You Christians believe the body to be just the shell within which the spirit, i.e. within which the actual being is housed. John is the body in which Elijah is housed. Not sure why christians have such a problem with this idea, particularly when that's the way it's literally spelled out in the bible.

Comment

Wrong. I gave you a perfectly good argument, you're just blind to it apparently.

Comment

Wrong. I gave you a perfectly good argument, you're just blind to it apparently.
                        Repeating that assertion doesn't make it any more true, Jim. I am more than willing to concede when you make a good point.

sigpic

Comment

Repeating that assertion doesn't make it any more true, Jim. I am more than willing to concede when you make a good point.
                          No, you're really not OBP. Tell me why post 444 is not a good point in support of my contention.

Comment

No, you're really not OBP. Tell me why post 444 is not a good point in support of my contention.
                            Because reincarnation is entirely foreign to the Jewish POV. It is patently obvious that John is not literally Elijah.

sigpic

Comment

Because reincarnation is entirely foreign to the Jewish POV. It is patently obvious that John is not literally Elijah.
                              Ah, if you think you're coming back, then you believe in reincarnation, whether you know it or not. Matter is just matter, it decays in the grave. So if you're coming back in the flesh, then you're coming back reincarnated. And no, it is not patently obvious since it is actual scripture that Elijah would return and in Jesus own words he did return, and John is the returning Elijah.

Comment

Those hearing Jesus (and Matthew's early readership) would not have assumed He was referring to reincarnation. This would seemly be especially true since II Kings 2:11 makes clear that Elijah did not die but was taken to heaven while still alive. You have to die first before you can be reincarnated.
                                Last edited by rogue06; 01-14-2018, 05:38 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment