Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do you believe in zombies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Dead and buried is dead CP no matter how long they've been dead. Are you suggesting that they were all buried alive or something? What's your point?
    Well, so much for....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Again, it appears that JimL was actually responding in a civil manner.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]25716[/ATTACH]
      Yeah, I shouldn't have responded to the thread.
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        A zombie is a corpse animated and controlled by sorcery (or a virus in more modern takes) not a resurrected person. it's obv bait because the inherent dishonesty in using the term to refer to the latter serves no purpose other than to annoy.
        Semantics Darth. A reanimated corpse is a resurrected corpse. But by what name you want to apply to the risen saints is irrelevant. They were many, they were dead and buried, and they all climbed out of their graves fully intact and strolled into town. The question is do you believe that long dead and buried people climbed out of their graves and walked about town? And if so, why was such a remarkable story, as CP put it, not told by Mark, Luke or John?

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          A zombie is a reanimated corpse, not a resurrected corpse. This is just a misuse of the word.

It's also blasphemy when referring to Christ, so Jim better be careful.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Well, so much for....

Well, now I see the problem you have CP, you consider the above to be uncivil. Perhaps you can explain?

Comment

Well, now I see the problem you have CP, you consider the above to be uncivil. Perhaps you can explain?
              I can.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Semantics Darth.
                You know full well it's not. You allegedly grew up in Christianity. There is no reasonable person who grew up in Christianity who would label the resurrected ones zombies.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Semantics Darth. A reanimated corpse is a resurrected corpse.
                  No. You can reanimate a corpse by attaching robot limbs to it and having it move around. It would be a reanimated corpse and a zombie but it would not be resurrected (and a resurrected corpse is an oxymoron anyway, once you are resurrected you are not a corpse, you are a living being).

The difference is like the difference between accusing you of having sex with children and accusing you of having sex with your wife.
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

The zombies then walked about the town an appeared to many according to Paul
                    As far as chatting with the locals, they went to the holy city and appeared to many, to over 500 according to Paul,
                    Biblical reference, please? If you're going to argue scripture, you really need to know what the scripture actually says.
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-29-2017, 04:03 PM.

Comment

No
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Likening the resurrection body to zombification is misinformed at best and dishonest at worst.

Comment

Originally posted by psstein View Post
                          Likening the resurrection body to zombification is misinformed at best and dishonest at worst.
                          Given his alleged upbringing, the first option is right out.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Every time I see this thread I can't help but sing the title in my head to the tune of "Do you believe in magic."
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Biblical reference, please? If you're going to argue scripture, you really need to know what the scripture actually says.
                              Matthew 27:53 "They came out of their tombs and entered into the holy city, and appeared to many." As far as the 500 witnesses is concerned, It's been a while, I confused that with Pauls assertion that 500 people witnessed the resurrected Jesus, which btw is, in my opinion, another screwball claim that doesn't appear in any of the gospels.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                                No. You can reanimate a corpse by attaching robot limbs to it and having it move around.It would be a reanimated corpse and a zombie but it would not be resurrected
                                Yes, but we are not talking robotic limbs.

(and a resurrected corpse is an oxymoron anyway, once you are resurrected you are not a corpse, you are a living being).
                                Yes, once resurrected you would no longer be a corpse, you'd be a resurrected corpse, aka a living being.

Comment