Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in zombies?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Well, now I see the problem you have CP, you consider the above to be uncivil. Perhaps you can explain?
    I can.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Semantics Darth.
    You know full well it's not. You allegedly grew up in Christianity. There is no reasonable person who grew up in Christianity who would label the resurrected ones zombies.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Semantics Darth. A reanimated corpse is a resurrected corpse.
    No. You can reanimate a corpse by attaching robot limbs to it and having it move around. It would be a reanimated corpse and a zombie but it would not be resurrected (and a resurrected corpse is an oxymoron anyway, once you are resurrected you are not a corpse, you are a living being).

The difference is like the difference between accusing you of having sex with children and accusing you of having sex with your wife.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

4. Amen Teallaura, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The zombies then walked about the town an appeared to many according to Paul
    As far as chatting with the locals, they went to the holy city and appeared to many, to over 500 according to Paul,
    Biblical reference, please? If you're going to argue scripture, you really need to know what the scripture actually says.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 12-29-2017 at 09:03 PM.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

6. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

tWebber
    Faith
    Roman Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Likening the resurrection body to zombification is misinformed at best and dishonest at worst.

9. Amen Cerebrum123, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by psstein View Post
    Likening the resurrection body to zombification is misinformed at best and dishonest at worst.
    Given his alleged upbringing, the first option is right out.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

11. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Every time I see this thread I can't help but sing the title in my head to the tune of "Do you believe in magic."
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

13. Amen Adrift amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Biblical reference, please? If you're going to argue scripture, you really need to know what the scripture actually says.
    Matthew 27:53 "They came out of their tombs and entered into the holy city, and appeared to many." As far as the 500 witnesses is concerned, It's been a while, I confused that with Pauls assertion that 500 people witnessed the resurrected Jesus, which btw is, in my opinion, another screwball claim that doesn't appear in any of the gospels.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    No. You can reanimate a corpse by attaching robot limbs to it and having it move around.It would be a reanimated corpse and a zombie but it would not be resurrected
    Yes, but we are not talking robotic limbs.

(and a resurrected corpse is an oxymoron anyway, once you are resurrected you are not a corpse, you are a living being).
    Yes, once resurrected you would no longer be a corpse, you'd be a resurrected corpse, aka a living being.