Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

How Much Is A Woman Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Is A Woman Worth?

Is a lady worth it all?

The link can be found here.

------

While Allie and I were in Knoxville, we went to our old church. Two of our friends who have been married for 50+ years met us and started talking about a woman who left the church and after a divorce was now dating someone else. When this couple met the woman and her new boyfriend, one question that came up was asking how it is that a couple stayed married for fifty years. The wife immediately said, “I think one big help is that we didn’t have sex until we were married.”

It was an answer obviously not wanted.

This has been something on my mind lately because sometimes when you talk about how much a woman is worth, it’s often thought that if someone has sex before they are married, they are worth nothing. That is false. Their value doesn’t change. A fine automobile is still of great value even if you treat it commonly and use it for common purposes. A bottle of fine wine would still have the same value even if used as a common beverage to quench one’s thirst.

In all of this, we’re talking about marriage. I am mainly focusing on the women because for the most part, men are the most active ones on the market. Men are usually the go-getters. Men tend to see sex itself as a goal. Women, on the other hand, usually see sex as a way to something else, such as security.

Many times today in trying to win a guy, a woman will often want to play the sex card soon. After all, this is what the man really wants and if it’s given, then that gives him incentive to stay with you. The reality is that it’s just the opposite.

You see, if a woman says she’s not giving sex until she’s married, she is sending a message. She is saying that any man who wants her is really going to have to pursue her. He is going to have to say he wants her and only her. He will have to say that he will be with her till death do them part and he will give himself only to her. She will settle for nothing less than a lifetime commitment. This is a woman who has set the price for her at the highest that she can.

If the man really wants her, he will say yes. He will do all that he can because he can’t imagine going through life without this woman. He wants this woman and only this woman and he will demonstrate it to the fullest. He will treat her right, take her on dates, give her gifts, etc.

Now to be fair, sometimes after marriage this stops, and that’s a tragedy. A man should never cease to try to romance his wife. Likewise, a wife should never cease to want to romance her husband. She can now use the sex card when she wants to for that, but simple day to day things can also help with that process.

To get back to the woman dating, if she says yes beforehand, what she is telling the man is that he does not have to do much to get her. She might think she’s secured him, but he could also be wondering if he’s the first. If she gives out this easily, maybe he’s not anything really special. Maybe she’s not anything really special.

What women need to realize is that to we men, you are often the great mystery. After seven years of marriage, I’m still amazed with the beauty of my wife’s body and that is still a great incentive for me to be acting the way I should. When you give early, you are removing any mystery. You are telling a guy how far he has to go before he really needs to keep trying to impress you.

If you’re a woman dating someone now, tell him that you want to save sex for marriage. If you’ve already been having it, tell him you have a new commitment to wait until marriage. This is a way to find out if the guy really cares about you. If he does, he could be disappointed understandably, but if he really cares about you, he will do the work. If not, then he will just move on to the next girl he thinks is “easy” and try to get it from there. If the former happens, you will know that this is a man who loves and respects you. If not, you have just found out your guy was using you for the sex.

Also, if you’re a woman and you know another woman making this mistake, she is actually doing women a great disservice. She is giving herself away with very little effort which is in a way saying she’s worth very little effort. Every woman out there is worth the most effort. They might not see it, but they are. They deserve to be treated like a Princess.

Ladies. Please also remember that being with a man doesn’t determine your value. What a man does is show how much he’s willing to give to be with you and his actions towards you should show you how much you are worth. This is another reason for a man to be striving to be romantic in marriage. The woman is worth pursuing still. He is still chasing after her. One great mistake in a marriage is to start to take the other person for granted and say that because you have that person, then you can now relax and take it easy. May it never be. Never stop chasing. Never stop pursuing.

Women. Don’t let anyone lower your worth, especially yourself. If you want a man in your life, you are worth a lifelong commitment. Every woman deserves to be treated like a Princess. Don’t settle for a man who does less.

In Christ,
    Nick Peters

Of course sex should be reserved for marriage, but it's untrue to represent that women desire sex less than men. They're just better able to divert that desire into other things than men are. Also, where does the Bible say that we should treat women as "princesses?" We are commanded to love our wives as Christ loves the church, but He disciplines the church unto death. Wives are commanded to submit to their husbands, which means treating them as "lords" and "princes", not vice versa. Feminism is destroying Western civilization.

Comment

Well, I think this is the first time AP has ever been called a feminist.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Look into red pill thinking. He's spouting classic blue pill nonsense about women being "princesses." Isaiah devotes an entire chapter to the worthlessness of modern day women.

Comment

I'm familiar with "red pill thinking", and it's about as compatible with Christianity as Mormonism is. It's generally given as a way to engage in fornication so your purported concern for sexual morality is odd.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

You answered your implied question with your usage of "generally." One can be a Christian and swallow the red pill that women are out for themselves even more often than men are. It was Eve that was deceived, not Adam.

Comment

What is this 'princess' Disney talk??
              Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

If anybody is unfamiliar with the red pill movement, here is a decent overview from a Christian writer:

https://www.charismamag.com/blogs/fi...w-the-red-pill

I agree the mindset is utterly incompatible with Paul's instructions in Ephesians.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  If anybody is unfamiliar with the red pill movement, here is a decent overview from a Christian writer:

I agree the mindset is utterly incompatible with Paul's instructions in Ephesians.
                  In the example given, the woman left her husband because she was "afraid" of physical abuse. Haha. I'm afraid my wife will cheat on me, so I'm leaving her. Oh, that excuse only works one way? Gosh darn it!

What the article really means is that this woman and her husband were "happily married" with her telling him what to do and how to do it until he decided to man up and demand the respect due him from his wife. Cue "fears of abuse" and abandonment of the marriage so she can find a new blue-pilled beta provider.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator
                    Last edited by Cerebrum123; 01-04-2018, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Most of 'red pill' stuff is bad for teaching men to be slutty like female sluts and fornicate around, yes. Overview you link is crap though!!!

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                        Most of 'red pill' stuff is bad for teaching men to be slutty like female sluts and fornicate around, yes. Overview you link is crap though!!!
                        Just five minutes ago you blasted me for not explaining a position of mine well enough for your liking, but here you're content to dismiss an article I post as "crap" with no further explanation?

Comment

Just five minutes ago you blasted me for not explaining a position of mine well enough for your liking, but here you're content to dismiss an article I post as "crap" with no further explanation?
                          Maybe you need to see quack, tell him where on doll demi touched.

Otherwise, if you want explanation, just ask!!! Same for everyone who wants explanation from me.

--------

It's crap

1) emotional hook one-sided starting story
                          2) no good explanation why 'red pill movement' believes what they do
                          3) no good summary of beliefs of theirs, just pick and pieces bits to outrage readers

With 2), also 3), how is summary anywhere close to good? It's not summary that tries to do proper explanation, just supposed to scare/turn off readers from target.

Comment

Sorry KG, but I kind of disagree with you here. Red Pill thinking can be used wrongly and/or abused just like many other things. Take alcohol, used properly, and in moderation, there is (IMO) nothing wrong with the occasional nip. So too, Red Pill thinking can be taken to extremes, and abused, usually by those who simply do not actually understand the underlying principles. The foundation of RP is actually very biblical. The man in the article "Zach" obviously did not even understand the foundation. True RP thinking understands that leadership of the house is (and should be) earned, not conferred, and that many or most women prefer the husband to do the heavy lifting in terms of leadership, and feel much more secure and loved when their Husband does this. To go a little deeper, there's "good" alpha and "bad" alpha. Zach was using pretty exclusively bad alpha, and by that actually lost his wife's respect. Bad alpha isn't true RP thinking no matter how much those that employ it wish it to be.
                            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

seems a bit dishonest to call that an overview
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment