Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

How Much Is A Woman Worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Sorry KG, but I kind of disagree with you here. Red Pill thinking can be used wrongly and/or abused just like many other things. Take alcohol, used properly, and in moderation, there is (IMO) nothing wrong with the occasional nip. So too, Red Pill thinking can be taken to extremes, and abused, usually by those who simply do not actually understand the underlying principles. The foundation of RP is actually very biblical. The man in the article "Zach" obviously did not even understand the foundation. True RP thinking understands that leadership of the house is (and should be) earned, not conferred, and that many or most women prefer the husband to do the heavy lifting in terms of leadership, and feel much more secure and loved when their Husband does this. To go a little deeper, there's "good" alpha and "bad" alpha. Zach was using pretty exclusively bad alpha, and by that actually lost his wife's respect. Bad alpha isn't true RP thinking no matter how much those that employ it wish it to be.
    don't take the story at face value and assume that what is described is what actually happened. it's a one-sided story that gives the perspective of one of the parties in a divorce (IE: about as unreliable as you can get).
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Well, I think this is the first time AP has ever been called a feminist.
      Feminist is the wrong word for what a lot of American Christians are guilty of when they demand the reverence of women in general. I prefer the term "goddess worship" to describe it.

IE: "Women should be championed and revered” ~ Paul Ryan
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Back to what was said:

Women, please don't put all your worth in whether or not you are having sex. The purity culture means well, but is extremely damaging. I know this first hand. I haven't had sex before marriage, but I also have had to deal with major baggage about my worth and also my future husband's worth based on sexual experience. If you choose to not have sex, do it because having sex is 1. a sin, 2. extremely damaging non-marriage relationships 3. bad for society in general, 4. leads men to not commit, and 5. Leads to other sins, such as using contraceptive.

Men, if you REALLY want to show a woman her worth, marry her and don't withhold anything from her.
          Women, if you REALLY want to show a man his worth, marry him and don't withhold anything from him.

If you say "you are beautiful, and I'm willing to wait for marriage for you" but then in marriage you expect her to give you sex without giving *herself*, this is asking for a false thing.
          When we use contraceptives, we are not giving our entire selves. Men, by using a condom or letting your wife use birth control, you are asking for sex without giving your entire self, which is your fertility and the ability to creative life (Imago Dei). You are saying "I want your body but not your whole self". It is a cheap cop out.

I'm sorry, but when I saw the usual flowery "romance a woman, show her her worth, etc" and "don't have sex before marriage", I had to add this. Have sex in marriage. Sex is giving, not withholding. Have REAL sex in marriage. Stop acting like a single person in a marriage and playing it safe.

Love isn't safe.
          Visit my website! I have cookies. http://www.amyelizabethatkins.com

Comment

^just say you want kids

Comment

I really don't even like kids very much. But I know that marriage (and therefore, sex) is about giving yourself 100% and being open to that natural possibility. Therefore, I will accept children from the Lord if He gives them.
              Visit my website! I have cookies. http://www.amyelizabethatkins.com

Comment