Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Black Lives Matter gets what they want, and it's not what they want

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, "how do I love you, let me count the ways... alphabetically, chronologically, categorically, by order of importance...."

That would likely be one of the times I wouldn't use it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I would hope not.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Oh I would....

Marriage is boring if you don't live on the wild side...
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          Oh I would....

Marriage is boring if you don't live on the wild side...
          Within reason, but yeah.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Within reason, but yeah.
            Oh my wife has that line drawn using indelible ink...

Which only makes me want to skate right alongside it...
            The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Oh my wife has that line drawn using indelible ink...

Which only makes me want to skate right alongside it...
              I think my "worse" deed, which still comes up from time to time....

We lived in an apartment building right across the street from the police department. I was working the graveyard shift, so I walked across the street to check in, and began my patrol shift. I thought I'd just ease by our apartment building on my way out, and noticed my new bride coming down the stairs from our apartment (inside the building) with a load of laundry. She had a bad habit of leaving the door open, so I pulled around to the back, entered the building through the back door, and went up to our apartment.

Just like I thought - the apartment door was ajar.

I figured she'd get the load of towels from the bathroom hamper next, so I stepped into the bathtub and hid just behind the shower curtain.

Sure enough, she came into the bathroom, lifted the lid of the hamper, and -- I didn't scream or anything -- I just peeked around the curtain and said "Hi".

She screamed and yelled and threw towels in the air.... it's just a good thing that I had the gun, not her!

Comment

I think my "worse" deed, which still comes up from time to time....

We lived in an apartment building right across the street from the police department. I was working the graveyard shift, so I walked across the street to check in, and began my patrol shift. I thought I'd just ease by our apartment building on my way out, and noticed my new bride coming down the stairs from our apartment (inside the building) with a load of laundry. She had a bad habit of leaving the door open, so I pulled around to the back, entered the building through the back door, and went up to our apartment.

Just like I thought - the apartment door was ajar.

I figured she'd get the load of towels from the bathroom hamper next, so I stepped into the bathtub and hid just behind the shower curtain.

Sure enough, she came into the bathroom, lifted the lid of the hamper, and -- I didn't scream or anything -- I just peeked around the curtain and said "Hi".

She screamed and yelled and threw towels in the air.... it's just a good thing that I had the gun, not her!
                I don't really have to sneak around to achieve this. I just need to walk into a room when her back is turned. It achieves exactly the same results...for 30 years now.

Comment

I don't really have to sneak around to achieve this. I just need to walk into a room when her back is turned. It achieves exactly the same results...for 30 years now.
                  I had a church secretary like that once. I'd come up behind her while she was making copies at the copier or something - no intending to scare her at all - and just say "Mary, I need....." and she would scream bloody murder and stand there shaking.

I had to practice "walking loud" so she'd know I was coming.

Comment

I had a church secretary like that once. I'd come up behind her while she was making copies at the copier or something - no intending to scare her at all - and just say "Mary, I need....." and she would scream bloody murder and stand there shaking.

See.. that's the difference between you and me. I just walk even more softly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That^^^

I have always moved very silently (no small feat for someone who is 5'16" tall), so much so that my father nicknamed me "spook" as a kid due to my ability to suddenly appear next to you.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                        See.. that's the difference between you and me. I just walk even more softly...
                        It gets old after the 20th or so scream of bloody murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          That^^^

I have always moved very silently (no small feat for someone who is 5'16" tall), so much so that my father nicknamed me "spook" as a kid due to my ability to suddenly appear next to you.
                          On the OTHER hand, we (police action) were sneaking up on a house where there allegedly was a peeping tom... my 5'20" partner was easing his way around the back of the house, and was going to come from the back of the house up the driveway to the front to flush out anybody hiding between the houses.... He managed to trip over 3 empty metal garbage cans in the darkness, causing the most racket I've heard in a long time. Then a voice "It's OK - I'm alright".

We called him "sneaky like a moose". (Though, come to think of it, moose can be quite sneaky in their own habitat)

Comment

It gets old after the 20th or so scream of bloody murder.
                            Yeah... I was exaggerating. I actually do try NOT to surprise her - but I inevitably do every couple of months or so. At least now she screams, and then laughs.

Comment

That^^^

I'm a little shorter than that, but I'm also the only one in my family that you can't hear come up behind you 99% of the time. I'm also the tallest in my immediate family.

Comment