Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Review of the Russian collusion narrative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EvoUK View Post
    Either way, it’s so unlikely as to be impossible that he would be impeached by either a Republican Congress or Pence (regardless of mental stability or whatever comes out of investigations), so it seems a moot point.

Besides, armchair psychologists causing it would be a worrying precedent whatever your opinion of the current POTUS.
    Incredibly unlikely and if the Dems have half a brain between them, using the 25th like that is a precedent they don't want to even think about setting. If it worked even once the presidency would be destroyed. In the meantime, two can play this stupid game - which used to be the reason for avoiding the nuclear option in the Senate.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Oh my, you people really are brain dead aren't you.
      CEPG0BtWoAAlovd.jpg
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        Incredibly unlikely and if the Dems have half a brain between them, using the 25th like that is a precedent they don't want to even think about setting. If it worked even once the presidency would be destroyed. In the meantime, two can play this stupid game - which used to be the reason for avoiding the nuclear option in the Senate.
        Well for one thing Tea, I agree, it would be the wrong thing to do, it's not what the 25th was meant for, and with a republican congress it wouldn't work anyway. Its also unlikely that he'll be impeached by a republican congress, unless enough of them are forced into it by public opinion. High crimes and misdemeaners are whatever congress determines them to be, so ultimately, being a majority, it's up to the republicans, and they tend to protect their leader regardless, unless the public pressure forces them to do otherwise.
        Last edited by JimL; 01-13-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by myth View Post
          The fact that you refer to Pence as an "ultra fundy" is also amusing to me. He's more middle-right in my estimation.
          Mike Pence believes in 'Intelligent Design.'
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Therefore he must die!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well for one thing Tea, I agree, it would be the wrong thing to do, it's not what the 25th was meant for, and with a republican congress it wouldn't work anyway. Its also unlikely that he'll be impeached by a republican congress, unless enough of them are forced into it by public opinion. High crimes and misdemeaners are whatever congress determines them to be, so ultimately, being a majority, it's up to the republicans, and they tend to protect their leader unless the public pressure forces them to do otherwise.
              Democrats are MUCH better at protecting their own. Republicans have a tendency to throw each other under the bus with much more regularity. Still, 25th Amendment ain't happenin'.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Therefore he must die!
                If you wish . . .

. . . and a literal Genesis concerning Adam and Eve. He may conditionally accept the age of the earth and universe as billions of years old, but he is not clear on this.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Democrats are MUCH better at protecting their own. Republicans have a tendency to throw each other under the bus with much more regularity. Still, 25th Amendment ain't happenin'.
                  Well, you can talk your talk, but republicans are right now proving your words to be false. Republicans in Congress are doing everything in their power to undermine the Mueller investigation.

Comment

Well, you can talk your talk, but republicans are right now proving your words to be false.
                    No, Jim, a "tendency" is not proven false by one, or even a few, action(s). That's just completely ignorant.

Comment

If you wish . . .

. . . and a literal Genesis concerning Adam and Eve. He may conditionally accept the age of the earth and universe as billions of years old, but he is not clear on this.
                      And this is a disqualification from public office, how?

Comment

Well, you can talk your talk, but republicans are right now proving your words to be false. Republicans in Congress are doing everything in their power to undermine the Mueller investigation.
                        Even if true how does that differ from what Democrats did during the Starr investigation? Those questioned would come out and lie through their teeth about what they were asked knowing that Starr, unlike Mueller, wouldn't leak anything so they knew they wouldn't be contradicted. It wasn't until the final report came out that we knew the Democrats were engaging in a systematic campaign of lies and deception.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And Obama thought Hawaii is in Asia even though he lived there, that he had "been in 57 states" (adding that he had "one left to go"), and said the U.S. built the "Intercontinental Railroad." And then there was the time he said "On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today"

And Nancy Pelosi declared that "Every month that we do not have an economic recovery package 500 million Americans lose their jobs" when there are only 320 million Americans. She also claimed that the spirits of suffragists Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Alice Paul spoke to her at the White House declaring that she heard them say: "At last we have a seat at the table." It should be noted that she said "I swear this happened." She also said "waiting hours longer in the emergency room will allow you to make new friends."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Even if true how does that differ from what Democrats did during the Starr investigation? Those questioned would come out and lie through their teeth about what they were asked knowing that Starr, unlike Mueller, wouldn't leak anything so they knew they wouldn't be contradicted. It wasn't until the final report came out that we knew the Democrats were engaging in a systematic campaign of lies and deception.
                            Heck, Bill Clinton marched senior level cabinet members out to defend his "I did not have seckshule relations" lie. Democrats are much more loyal to each other than the Republicans. I don't think there's near the infighting among Democrats (at least publicly) as there is among Republicans.

Comment

And this is a disqualification from public office, how?
                              Not a disqualification, but a consistent bias against honest straight forward science has dangerous ramifications in the relationship between government, legislation and funding for scientific research.

I do not consider Intelligent Design and the fundamentalist view toward science an honest unbiased agenda toward science. In fact they are adversary beliefs, that effect many aspects of our lives including education, and the sciences that involve evolution and climate change.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 01-13-2018, 01:17 PM.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I see you accusing Democrats of lying through their teeth, but I don't see any specifics. Were they using their Congressional powers to stymie the investigation as is todays republican Congress? Unlike the Mueller investigation, Whitewater, the suicide of Vince Foster, the Starr investigation of Clinton, was an actual witch hunt. So, in answer to your question, there's a big difference, a great big difference.

Comment