Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Review of the Russian collusion narrative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
    I have the impression that Starlight thinks I'm rightwing, if not far right.

On political compass I come out as almost exactly in the middle, just very slightly more libertarian than authoritarian.

I suspect that anyone who disagrees with, or even questions, Starlight's positions is automatically seen as slightly right of Attila the Hun.
    When I took the Political Compass quiz, I was slightly right of center, and slightly libertarian. So either Political Compass is a useless way to measure one's political temperature, or Dimbulb is going to have to change his definition of "far-right".

I think what it really shows is that attempting to distill something as complex as political opinion down to a single point on a graph is a futile exercise.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
      I don't see any particular denials of reality. I'll readily admit the possibility he might be sitting on a mountain of evidence and is trying to take things slowly to make sure he entraps the guilty properly, but if so, that information is limited to him and his team as there hasn't been any indication of that. For as much as the liberal media has tried to play the story up, so far the only charges Mueller has brought forward are things that are actually unrelated to any supposed collusion.
      The reality is that liberals are simply going to have to come to grips with the fact that this whole "Russian collusion" affair is a hoax, and the Democrats and their close allies in the media have been blatantly lying about it for over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        That does surprise me. In recent NZ elections what party(s) did you vote for / would have voted for / would have seriously considered voting for?
        No idea. I haven't followed NZ politics at all closely for years. But definitely not Winston Peters.
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          The reality is that liberals are simply going to have to come to grips with the fact that this whole "Russian collusion" affair is a hoax, and the Democrats and their close allies in the media have been blatantly lying about it for over a year.
          I think you underestimate some people's ability to deny reality. Some of these people seriously think communism is a good idea. Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot and the Kims notwithstanding.
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Yes. The fact that the conservatives on this forum don't see that is just another indication of how insanely FAR right you guys are.

As governor of Indiana, Pence led the way in ultra restrictive abortion legislation (including forcing women to bury their fetuses, forcing them to undergo incredibly invasive transvaginal ultrasounds before getting abortions) and iirc was the first state to pass modern anti-gay legislation (dressed up as a 'religious freedom's act).
            12596-thumb.jpg

Comment

That does surprise me. In recent NZ elections what party(s) did you vote for / would have voted for / would have seriously considered voting for?
              So, we can pose an idea - if Starlight is for it, we know it's a bad idea. If he's against it, green light!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Are you trolling for Jerks?
                Hard to tell. Rouge isn't much on vetting his sources.

"As the Dossier Scandal Looms ..."

Who can't find some love for amateur conspiracists taking pot shots at their men in black ...

Journalistic leg-work. Insider sources.

Feeling a little inadequate, Mr. McCarthy?

Apparently, the "collusion narrative" is important to right wing partisans, important enough to justify side-railing the actual Russian story: interference in our elections. If the Trump naifs cooperated, it's serious. If they didn't, it's serious. There's no collusion narrative that's more important than the fact that Reagan's Evil Empire attacked us.

In a rational world, critics of media bias would gravitate away from the worst offenders. The difference between right-wing fringe media and the Trump administration is that Trump isn't a useful idiot.

It's all over the papers.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                  Hard to tell.
                  Not especially. You don't much like the National Review, and it's impugning your favorite paper, to boot. Doesn't get much more obvious than that.
                  Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Starting the new year the National Review offers an evaluation of the investigation emphasizing the New York Times' role in helping to push it and how they've changed their tune.

Source: As the Dossier Scandal Looms, the New York Times Struggles to Save Its Collusion Tale

The totality of the evidence undermines the collusion narrativeNew York Timesthe dossier is partisan propagandaFrom the Russia trip of the once-obscure Mr. Page grew a wide-ranging investigation, now accompanied by two congressional inquiries, that has cast a shadow over the early months of the Trump administration" [emphasis added].

Oh sure, the TimesPapadopoulos

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The story continues at the link above.
                    Steve Bannon and Breitbart, from what I just now heard, I'll have to look into it further, have been denying collusion all along and now he is asserting not only collusion but treason on the part of Donald jr. and also says there's no way that Donald Sr. wasn't informed of the youngers meeting with the Russians.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Steve Bannon and Breitbart, from what I just now heard, I'll have to look into it further, have been denying collusion all along and now he is asserting not only collusion but treason on the part of Donald jr. and also says there's no way that Donald Sr. wasn't informed of the youngers meeting with the Russians.
                      That meeting was a big, fat nothingburger. Bannon is largely irrelevant now away from the corridors of power.
                      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
                        Am I in the Twilight Zone? Do we mean the same thing we using the term "right" in regard to political spectrum in the US? Because I have no idea how you think Obama is center right, implying that he's to the right of center in the US political spectrum (aka slightly conservative).

Check out this Washington Post article,...
                        "We find that President Obama is the most ideologically moderate Democratic president in the post-war period,"

So not exactly the most liberal of all possible candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          "We find that President Obama is the most ideologically moderate Democratic president in the post-war period,"

So not exactly the most liberal of all possible candidates.
                          nobody ever said he was far left (except may to Demi) - I consider him moderately left of center.

like this:

Starlight--------------------Antifa--------Bernie-------Hillary--Obama------------Center

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            nobody ever said he was far left (except may to Demi) - I consider him moderately left of center.

like this:

Starlight--------------------Antifa--------Bernie-------Hillary--Obama------------Center
                            That makes more sense.

And to agree with Teallaura to us danes Obama did appear rather right-wing. All your politicians appear right-wing. Just less so.

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                              ...the actual Russian story: interference in our elections.
                              Now if only you liberals could find that pesky little thing called evidence.

Whatever Russia did to "interfere" with or "influence" our election, it's certainly no worse than what Obama did in Israel, or the Ukrainian government working with Hillary to take down Trump, or for that matter, our own media's extreme bias in how they covered the election, doing everything they could to prop up Hillary and tear down Trump; heck, the Democrat party colluded against its own voters to make sure Bernie didn't run away with the nomination! This is all stuff we know we for a fact really happened. To deny it will just make you look ignorant at best and head-in-the-sand stupid at worst.

But, no, let's all focus on Russia despite the paucity of evidence that they did anything substantive to "interfere" with the election.

Although I heard Trump likes to put Russian dressing on his salad, so we should definitely keep an eye on him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                Trump responds:

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...lost-his-mind/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment