Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

LDS President Monson, dead at 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Are there any exceptions for poor health?
    So far no one has refused so I don't know. They've all worked until the day they died.
    I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

There were enough members angry about the NYT obit that the NYT published an explanation of what an obit is. https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b003133ecd2246

Comment

I would think that church members would be proud of their leader standing up for what he considered right, and should be proud that it was part of his obituary.

People signing the petition for the Times to rewrite the obit makes it look like they don't agree with the stand he took, which doesn't make sense to me. Isn't the leader of the Mormon church supposed to be infallible?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The petitioners are proud of President Monson; they are upset the newspaper was criticizing the church in the way it described church policies of the last ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by just Johnna View Post
            There were enough members angry about the NYT obit that the NYT published an explanation of what an obit is. https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b003133ecd2246
            Monson didn't really do a much during his term as prophet I don't believe he ever prophesied at all. He was sort of a "fill in." Nelson, today is more pro-active, but seems to be somewhat "backwards looking." His attempt to eliminate the term "Mormon" will never fly, as it's too embedded in the American language. Let's face it, there hasn't been anyone who was a "Prophet" since Joseph Smith, and his record proves that he was a false prophet.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X