Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump: "Bannon lost his mind."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump: "Bannon lost his mind."

We are living in interesting times. Donald Trump said the following about Steve Bannon: "When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind."

Here you can find some interesting parts of The Guardian's article on what Bannon says in an explosive book:

Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president’s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.
    Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-michael-wolff

"Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Hi, Charles. Long time no see.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Bannon seems to have cracked. The signs were fairly evident to anybody who reads Breitbart regularly, with articles patting Trump on the back one day, and stabbing him in the back the next. I can only assume this is Bannon's influence, and I guess it depends on which side of the bed he gets up on in the morning. It gets even more interesting when you see Trump's statement saying that Bannon wasn't the big-time insider he made himself out to be, that he rarely met one-on-one with the President, and that he was leaking false information to the media.

To Breitbart's credit, they published Trump's entire statement:

Source: Breitbart

"Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind. Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party.

"Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country. Yet Steve had everything to do with the loss of a Senate seat in Alabama held for more than thirty years by Republicans. Steve doesn’t represent my base—he’s only in it for himself.

"Steve pretends to be at war with the media, which he calls the opposition party, yet he spent his time at the White House leaking false information to the media to make himself seem far more important than he was. It is the only thing he does well. Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.

"We have many great Republican members of Congress and candidates who are very supportive of the Make America Great Again agenda. Like me, they love the United States of America and are helping to finally take our country back and build it up, rather than simply seeking to burn it all down."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...lost-his-mind/

© Copyright Original Source

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Bannon announced that he was resigning from Breitbart.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It is a nutty world in which we live.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

House Executor will observe the upcoming battles and side with whoever proves strongest.
          "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Bannon desperately wants a semblance of relevancy at this point. His credibility as a political strategist is shot post-Alabama.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              Bannon desperately wants a semblance of relevancy at this point. His credibility as a political strategist is shot post-Alabama.
              As one well-known conservative magazine put it, Bannon looks like a drunk who somehow wandered into politics.

Trump's disavowing Bannon will prove a wise decision in the long term.

Comment

Pretty much.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Not really. How could he have known his candidate would get taken down by BS sexual misconduct allegations?
                  "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    We are living in interesting times. Donald Trump said the following about Steve Bannon: "When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind."

Here you can find some interesting parts of The Guardian's article on what Bannon says in an explosive book:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-michael-wolff
                    These revelations flatly contradict Trump’s repeated claims that he was unaware his eldest son, as well as his son-in-law Jared Kushner, had met with the Russians. Bannon suggests, quite plausibly, that it was highly likely that Don Jr. took these Russians to meet his father. They all in the same building after all and had information of great interest to Don Snr.
                    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Trump's lawyers issue a cease and desist to Bannon for making false and defamatory statements, and for breaking a signed confidentiality agreement.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...bannon-report/

I've also seen rumors that the author of the book has a long history of fabricating and altering quotes (this is not so much rumor since documented proof is easy to find) and that Bannon is now saying that he wasn't quoted accurately, but I've seen nothing official regarding the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Trump's lawyers issue a cease and desist to Bannon for making false and defamatory statements, and for breaking a signed confidentiality agreement.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...bannon-report/

I've also seen rumors that the author of the book has a long history of fabricating and altering quotes (this is not so much rumor since documented proof is easy to find) and that Bannon is now saying that he wasn't quoted accurately, but I've seen nothing official regarding the latter.
                        Yep. He's even admitted to fabrications.

Source: Paul Farhi

Among the many things he's been called - "blunt," "pathetic," "calculating" - the one thing Michael Wolff has never been described as is boring.

A provocateur and media polemicist, Wolff has a penchant for stirring up an argument and pushing the facts as far as they'll go, and sometimes further than they can tolerate, according to his critics. He has been accused of not just re-creating scenes in his books and columns, but of creating them wholesale.

That's some context for Wolff's most explosive bit of reporting to date: A scathing new book, "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," describing dysfunction and infighting in Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the first year of his presidency, replete with damning criticism of Trump from within his inner circle....

Wolff, for example, writes that Thomas Barrack Jr., a billionaire friend of Trump's, told a friend that Trump is "not only crazy, he's stupid." Barrack on Wednesday denied to a New York Times reporter that he ever said such a thing.

Katie Walsh, a former White House adviser, has also disputed a comment attributed to her by Wolff, that dealing with Trump was "like trying to figure out what a child wants."

...His reliability has been challenged before - over quotes, descriptions and general accounts he's provided in his many newspaper and magazine columns and in several books. Wolff has even acknowledged that he can be unreliable: As he recounted in "Burn Rate" - his best-selling book about his time as an early Internet entrepreneur - Wolff kept his bankers at bay by fabricating a story about his father-in-law having open-heart surgery.

"How many fairly grievous lies had I told?" he wrote. "How many moral lapses had I committed? How many ethical breaches had I fallen into? . . . Like many another financial conniver, I was in a short-term mode." Wolff's business collapsed in 1997.

"Burn Rate" came under siege from critics who challenged its credibility, including the long verbatim conversations that Wolff recounted despite taking scant notes. Brill's Content, a now-defunct media-review publication, cited a dozen people who disputed quotes attributed to them in the book.

Wolff followed up "Burn Rate" by taking over the media column at New York magazine, where he almost immediately ran into trouble. Judith Regan, then a hotshot book editor who had been a classmate of Wolff's at Vassar, vigorously disputed almost every paragraph of Wolff's column about her. She said she hadn't had a personal conversation with Wolff in 30 years.

© Copyright Original Source

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          These revelations flatly contradict Trump’s repeated claims that he was unaware his eldest son, as well as his son-in-law Jared Kushner, had met with the Russians. Bannon suggests, quite plausibly, that it was highly likely that Don Jr. took these Russians to meet his father. They all in the same building after all and had information of great interest to Don Snr.
                          But it was OK for Clinton to use Russian sources to dig up dirt on Trump.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...u-need-to-know
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Looks like Bannon is starting to push back:

"The President of the United States is a great man. You know I support him day in and day out, whether going through the country giving the Trump Miracle speech or on the show or on the website..."
                            http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2018/...n-and-day-out/

The suggestion now is that Trump might have been fooled by a piece of fake news, although Bannon still has not explicitly denied the quotes in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              But it was OK for Clinton to use Russian sources to dig up dirt on Trump.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...u-need-to-know
                              ...and it was apparently just peachy for Fusion GPS (working for the DNC at the time) to meet with the same Russki. Further, why would Trump Jr. take a Russian whom he quickly determined had nothing valuable to meet his father?

sigpic

Comment