Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Listening to the Spirit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Adding this to my "front burner" prayer list.
    Well today I made the hard decision to put Taz to sleep. It was very hard but I think I did the right thing. The medication wasn't really working and the last few days he seemed to be having a hard time getting up, his back legs were getting weak and he also seemed to have a hard time eating (he had a growth on his gums that kept growing larger and was interfering with his eating) - with all that and his dementia and blindness, etc, I decided that God would want me to keep him from suffering more and so I took him to the vet. He went peacefully and he even had a good night's sleep last night for once.

and when I came out of the vet's office it started raining. Maybe that was a sign because I sure was crying.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Well today I made the hard decision to put Taz to sleep. It was very hard but I think I did the right thing. The medication wasn't really working and the last few days he seemed to be having a hard time getting up, his back legs were getting weak and he also seemed to have a hard time eating (he had a growth on his gums that kept growing larger and was interfering with his eating) - with all that and his dementia and blindness, etc, I decided that God would want me to keep him from suffering more and so I took him to the vet. He went peacefully and he even had a good night's sleep last night for once.

and when I came out of the vet's office it started raining. Maybe that was a sign because I sure was crying.
      So sorry - I think this is one of the greatest changes I have undergone in my own being --- 10 years ago, I would have said - "it's just a dog, get another". Jake changed all that.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So sorry - I think this is one of the greatest changes I have undergone in my own being --- 10 years ago, I would have said - "it's just a dog, get another". Jake changed all that.
        yeah. they really get into your heart.

I always thought that pets are a reminder of how our relationship with animals was supposed to be before sin entered the world. We were to be caretakers of nature. All that changed when Adam and Eve sinned. But pets are still in close relationship with us and we feel how right that is. The way it is supposed to be. The way it will be again one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          yeah. they really get into your heart.

I always thought that pets are a reminder of how our relationship with animals was supposed to be before sin entered the world. We were to be caretakers of nature. All that changed when Adam and Eve sinned. But pets are still in close relationship with us and we feel how right that is. The way it is supposed to be. The way it will be again one day.
          And when I look at how obedient and subservient Jake is, and how unconditionally he loves and accepts me, I can't help but think he's teaching me how to be a better Christian.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And when I look at how obedient and subservient Jake is, and how unconditionally he loves and accepts me, I can't help but think he's teaching me how to be a better Christian.
            yeah. they love us and trust us no matter what. Like we are supposed to do the Lord.

reminds me of the joke: Lock your wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for a day, then open it and see which one will be happy to see you.

Comment

There are those that think when man first domesticated dogs that it was a large step in civilizing ourselves as we learned how to love those who were not from our immediate group.

Thank God for dogs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X