Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.01.09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.01.09

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2018 Anticipating the Spiritual Jesus the Prelude to Life
    A New Day Dawns…
    Shalom!

A new day is on its way therefore, “Do not remember the past events, pay no attention to things of old. Look, I am about to do something new; even now it is coming. Do you not see it? Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:18–19, CSB)

Do not look to the past, do not look to the present, do not look to the future, instead look to God where the past, present, and future come into full view. The apostle Paul explains the idea I am trying to get across this way. “Now in this hope we were saved, but hope that is seen is not hope, because who hopes for what he sees? Now if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with patience.” (Romans 8:24–25, CSB)

Reading the verses preceding Romans 8:24 you’ll discover the hope Paul is referring to is life beyond this life, so I hope he don’t mind if my foresight doesn’t go as far as his because even though I hope for Life/Living after life/living I continue to hope for tomorrow, the next day, the next day, the next day, the next day, and you get the idea. It would be great if everyone of us had our own crystal ball that opened up the future for us, but we don’t. because of the technology the weather tomorrow can be predicted with a great deal of accuracy, the financial future can be predicted with a fair amount of accuracy, but who among us can predict whether or not we’ll be in a car accident or our house will catch fire?

It is not wrong to hope bad things don’t happen to us but when we plan our lives around bad things happening we may just find ourselves needing anti-depressants or finding our hope a thing of the past. Putting all of our hope in God doesn’t guarantee bad things won’t happen but putting our hope in God and His future plans for our Life/Living we will be armed with God initiated hope and with it successfully navigate through any bad thing we encounter. “For I know the plans I have for you”—this is the LORD’s declaration—“plans for your well-being, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11, CSB)

One of the primary things we need to remember is to measure our successful navigation of bad things at God’s standard of success not our own measure of success. Success as we measure it can only be temporary at best life/living today is to fluid to maintain a high degree of success. Unlike human measure of success God’s measure of success has at times turned lives world upside down for example God’s greatest success happened on a wooden cross and ended with an empty tomb, and that success has fallen on you and I.

By the way, the hope we cannot see is the one and only God!

“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life…” **

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

"Scriptures marked NCV quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."

Scripture quotations marked CSB have been taken from Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible and CSB are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.

** John 14:6, CSB
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X