Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

We are terrible house sitters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are terrible house sitters!

We made way too many messes and were mean to each other and to the "pets". Why did we do this? Why were some Christians in the past terrible stewards of God's creation? I think the environmentalists might go a little far, but they do have a point in that we should take care of our resources in a responsible manner. And not be needlessly mean to other people and animals.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

I've been an environmentalist all my life. When you depend on the earth for your livelihood, and you know you only got one, you realize you need to take care of what you got.

But I was taught from when I was little "always take care of your equipment". That includes your resources.

I'm not a tree hugger, but I am a steward.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How did we accidentally kill off so many species? Or did humans eat them all?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
        How did we accidentally kill off so many species? Or did humans eat them all?

Are you blaming Christians, as your op indicates?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          Are you blaming Christians, as your op indicates?
          No. The human species as a whole! Because the human species as a whole was supposed to take care of things. That's what Adam was told anyways. There weren't any Christians back when a lot of animals were eaten into extinction. I do wonder whether there were any "Christians" that supported practices of poor stewardship. I have no clue if that happened or not. I really don't like that some people could claim to be Christians and then not act like it.
          Last edited by Christianbookworm; 01-09-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

To answer your question about Christians: In high school, my youth group leader said something to the effect of taking care of the environment didn't matter because Jesus would come back before it got too bad. Chiliastic viewpoints are probably one big reason.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              To answer your question about Christians: In high school, my youth group leader said something to the effect of taking care of the environment didn't matter because Jesus would come back before it got too bad. Chiliastic viewpoints are probably one big reason.
              I actually heard a preacher explain that God knew how long the earth was going to last, and "added just enough resources" to make it to the end.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I believe we need to be good stewards, but I also believe that this old earth will pass away regardless of what we do, and there will be a new heaven and new earth.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I believe we need to be good stewards, but I also believe that this old earth will pass away regardless of what we do, and there will be a new heaven and new earth.
                  Of course! Just because the house is getting renovated doesn't mean the human species should try to make too much of a mess. I don't think we can do anything about the nuclear waste. Someone Else can handle that!

Comment

Assuming that God will take care of any problems with Jesus's timely return sounds to me like putting God to the test. Yeah, God won't let humanity go extinct before Jesus returns, but that doesn't mean we won't have to deal with the consequences of our actions.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Assuming that God will take care of any problems with Jesus's timely return sounds to me like putting God to the test. Yeah, God won't let humanity go extinct before Jesus returns, but that doesn't mean we won't have to deal with the consequences of our actions.

How is it putting God to the test? He's said He will make a new heaven and earth and the old will be done away with.

It's just reading His word and believing what He says.

Comment

How is it putting God to the test? He's said He will make a new heaven and earth and the old will be done away with.

It's just reading His word and believing what He says.
                        The idea that God will bail us out so we don't need to worry about the earthly consequences of our actions certainly qualifies.

Comment

The idea that God will bail us out so we don't need to worry about the earthly consequences of our actions certainly qualifies.
                          Who said that?

Comment

Who said that?
                            It's implied by the mindset of the people quoted by me and CP earlier in this thread.

Comment

Ok then.

Comment