Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Oprah for Prez?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    You are forgetting about time dilation and the fact he can revisit the same exact moment multiple times.
    Good points. Unfortunately, that does not stop time from proceeding in his relative framework. To grant him at least 30 seconds per household, which is still a slim margin, he would have to live 100 years for each Christmas. Now his reindeers heat up but don't burst into fire, he is rendered unconscious for each trip and needs to be revived (but at least he's not dead), and he will be over 100 years old after his first Christmas.

I think he's still dead now

P.S. You need to toss in self-replication to solve this, which is possible, but then why not self-replicate 91 million times, each copy makes one trip, and the rest of the year can be spent spanking elves and making little santas with Mrs. Santa!
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      Good points. Unfortunately, that does not stop time from proceeding in his relative framework. To grant him at least 30 seconds per household, which is still a slim margin, he would have to live 100 years for each Christmas. Now his reindeers heat up but don't burst into fire, he is rendered unconscious for each trip and needs to be revived (but at least he's not dead), and he will be over 100 years old after his first Christmas.

I think he's still dead now

P.S. You need to toss in self-replication to solve this, which is possible, but then why not self-replicate 91 million times, each copy makes one trip, and the rest of the year can be spent spanking elves and making little santas with Mrs. Santa!
      Dude, Santa is over 1000 years old and still going strong. And due to time dilation, he only ages 1 second for every 100 hours in real time. It's all scientific!

yayomg-ways-jack-skellington-is-better-than-santa-8.gif
      Last edited by Sparko; 01-17-2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Ahhh... I see. So the other 364 days are spent going back and reliving that one day to complete the work. Nice! Unfortunately, that means that instead of a whooping 1/1000 of a second for each home, he has about 1/3 of a second for each home. His reindeer will burst into flame at a slightly slower pace, and it will take him a couple extra nanoseconds to go from jolly to jelly!
        This historical documentary shows how he handles the modern world.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Dude, Santa is over 1000 years old and still going strong. And due to time dilation, he only ages 1 second for every 100 hours in real time. It's all scientific!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25984[/ATTACH]
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

. . . I'm not a fan of celebrities being el3cted to high office without political experience. Reagan cut his teeth in California. Trump was (and is) a rookie. Oprah would be the same, just on the liberal side. She would not be as big an embarrassment as Trump, but she has as big an ego (IMO*) and as little political experience. Let's not make THAT mistake again.
            I am not a fan of professional politicians. I think that the President and VP, as well as half of the Senate and House should be made up of people who have never held office before. It probably would not help but maybe.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              I am not a fan of professional politicians. I think that the President and VP, as well as half of the Senate and House should be made up of people who have never held office before. It probably would not help but maybe.
              Former governors tend to make better presidents, IMO, because they have some experience at the same sort of job on a smaller scale.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                I think we need a combination of new blood and experienced hands. We need a degree of "corporate memory" as well as new insights. Term limits would enforce that if they were set appropriately. Every congress would have some percentage of people who are ineligible to be re-elected, so are free from the politics that involves and can focus on governing. They would have the greatest anmount of "corporate memory." There would be some who are eligible for re-election, and some who are rookies. A good blend.

But I don't think the executive branch should have rookies in it. We had one (for the most part) in Obama and it wasn't great. We definitely have one in Trump and it's abysmal. God help us if Oprah gets elected next.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Former governors tend to make better presidents, IMO, because they have some experience at the same sort of job on a smaller scale.
                  I'd add to that mayors of large cities. There are a dozen or more cities in the U.S. with populations exceeding many states, and the corresponding problems...

Comment

#Noprah

Comment