Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I Get a Flu Shot?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wish I'd had the chance to get one this year, because I was sick for 2-3 weeks with what I suspect may have been a mild case. (I was able to work through it so who knows.)
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't bother with flu shots.

Here is a mixture of interesting info, along with what some would consider "woo."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post
    I think there's little personal benefit to getting your shots this late in the season. But seeing as your position puts you in contact with folks who are most at risk (I know pastors do a lot of hospital visits), I'd say yes, anyway.
    That's a main factor. And I make absolutely sure to avail myself of the myriad of hand sanitation devices all up and down the hallways of hospitals and nursing homes, both entering and leaving. There were a couple of Sunday mornings at church when I thought I might be a bit feverish or 'coming down' with something that I'd announce from the pulpit "let's just do 'air hugs' today", explaining I didn't want us to spread illness.

Lowering the risk of getting it lowers the risk of passing it on. Everyone getting a flu shot contributes to herd immunity. But to be honest, I'm not going to be getting a flu shot any time soon. Then again, I work with folks who are least at risk.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I wish I'd had the chance to get one this year, because I was sick for 2-3 weeks with what I suspect may have been a mild case. (I was able to work through it so who knows.)
    Great, so you spread the flu around via the US mail.

5. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Begome Ordodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Even if you still get the flu after getting the flu shot (it was a slightly different strain or you got the flu months after getting the shot), I've heard your body is still much better prepared to fight it than if you didn't get the shot, so a week long illness without the vaccine becomes a 3-4 illness with milder symptoms with the vaccine.

I got sick this week with either a really nasty cold or a very mild flu. If it was the flu, I only ran a 100.4 fever for less than 12 hours (plus some respiratory nastiness the day before and now, though subsiding) instead of whatever nightmare a flu without being vaccinated would have brought.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    why would a flu shot cause alzheimers?

Fudenberg had his medical license yanked in 1995 so...

https://www.casewatch.org/board/med/...995order.shtml
    I keep hearing that all sorts of people who challenge the Big Pharma end up being charged in court or in the state medical licensing boards. It is sort of an odd phenomena that only the independent researchers and doctors (i.e., not Pharma funded ones) get accused of bad conduct. I think we have to be aware that the big money sources can promote all sorts of corruption -- and can buy many friends.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    It is sort of an odd phenomena that only the independent researchers and doctors (i.e., not Pharma funded ones) get accused of bad conduct.
    It's not 'bad conduct' for doctors to push pills for quid pro quo from Big Pharma. Trust ''''''''''experts''''''''''''!
    Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.