Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Should I Get a Flu Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm not arguing either side - I'm just asking for input - I'm thinking about getting the flu shot and pneumonia vaccine tomorrow.
    You should have got it last fall. Although maybe that's only for us northerners.

But you should definitely get the pneumonia shot.

I can't get it until I'm 65.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      You should have got it last fall. Although maybe that's only for us northerners.

But you should definitely get the pneumonia shot.

I can't get it until I'm 65.
      I won't be 65 til end of summer. Just talked to one of the ER docs - he says he thinks that flu has really peaked in our area. Fewer and fewer cases every day. Statistically, not just anecdotally.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I won't be 65 til end of summer. Just talked to one of the ER docs - he says he thinks that flu has really peaked in our area. Fewer and fewer cases every day. Statistically, not just anecdotally.

There are more and more cases here. Several fatalities among older folk.

I can get my pneumonia shot in '19.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm not arguing either side - I'm just asking for input - I'm thinking about getting the flu shot and pneumonia vaccine tomorrow.
          I think there's little personal benefit to getting your shots this late in the season. But seeing as your position puts you in contact with folks who are most at risk (I know pastors do a lot of hospital visits), I'd say yes, anyway. Lowering the risk of getting it lowers the risk of passing it on. Everyone getting a flu shot contributes to herd immunity. But to be honest, I'm not going to be getting a flu shot any time soon. Then again, I work with folks who are least at risk.

Comment

I've never had a flu shot and I haven't had the flu in over 30 years...I see no reason to start getting one now.
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I wish I'd had the chance to get one this year, because I was sick for 2-3 weeks with what I suspect may have been a mild case. (I was able to work through it so who knows.)
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't bother with flu shots.

Here is a mixture of interesting info, along with what some would consider "woo."
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                  I think there's little personal benefit to getting your shots this late in the season. But seeing as your position puts you in contact with folks who are most at risk (I know pastors do a lot of hospital visits), I'd say yes, anyway.
                  That's a main factor. And I make absolutely sure to avail myself of the myriad of hand sanitation devices all up and down the hallways of hospitals and nursing homes, both entering and leaving. There were a couple of Sunday mornings at church when I thought I might be a bit feverish or 'coming down' with something that I'd announce from the pulpit "let's just do 'air hugs' today", explaining I didn't want us to spread illness.

Lowering the risk of getting it lowers the risk of passing it on. Everyone getting a flu shot contributes to herd immunity. But to be honest, I'm not going to be getting a flu shot any time soon. Then again, I work with folks who are least at risk.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    I wish I'd had the chance to get one this year, because I was sick for 2-3 weeks with what I suspect may have been a mild case. (I was able to work through it so who knows.)
                    Great, so you spread the flu around via the US mail.

Comment

Even if you still get the flu after getting the flu shot (it was a slightly different strain or you got the flu months after getting the shot), I've heard your body is still much better prepared to fight it than if you didn't get the shot, so a week long illness without the vaccine becomes a 3-4 illness with milder symptoms with the vaccine.

I got sick this week with either a really nasty cold or a very mild flu. If it was the flu, I only ran a 100.4 fever for less than 12 hours (plus some respiratory nastiness the day before and now, though subsiding) instead of whatever nightmare a flu without being vaccinated would have brought.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        why would a flu shot cause alzheimers?

Fudenberg had his medical license yanked in 1995 so...

https://www.casewatch.org/board/med/...995order.shtml
                        I keep hearing that all sorts of people who challenge the Big Pharma end up being charged in court or in the state medical licensing boards. It is sort of an odd phenomena that only the independent researchers and doctors (i.e., not Pharma funded ones) get accused of bad conduct. I think we have to be aware that the big money sources can promote all sorts of corruption -- and can buy many friends.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          It is sort of an odd phenomena that only the independent researchers and doctors (i.e., not Pharma funded ones) get accused of bad conduct.
                          It's not 'bad conduct' for doctors to push pills for quid pro quo from Big Pharma. Trust ''''''''''experts''''''''''''!
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X