Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I Get a Flu Shot?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I wish I'd had the chance to get one this year, because I was sick for 2-3 weeks with what I suspect may have been a mild case. (I was able to work through it so who knows.)
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?”
    For it is not wise to ask such questions. - Ecclesiastes 7:10

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I don't bother with flu shots.

Here is a mixture of interesting info, along with what some would consider "woo."
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post
    I think there's little personal benefit to getting your shots this late in the season. But seeing as your position puts you in contact with folks who are most at risk (I know pastors do a lot of hospital visits), I'd say yes, anyway.
    That's a main factor. And I make absolutely sure to avail myself of the myriad of hand sanitation devices all up and down the hallways of hospitals and nursing homes, both entering and leaving. There were a couple of Sunday mornings at church when I thought I might be a bit feverish or 'coming down' with something that I'd announce from the pulpit "let's just do 'air hugs' today", explaining I didn't want us to spread illness.

Lowering the risk of getting it lowers the risk of passing it on. Everyone getting a flu shot contributes to herd immunity. But to be honest, I'm not going to be getting a flu shot any time soon. Then again, I work with folks who are least at risk.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    I wish I'd had the chance to get one this year, because I was sick for 2-3 weeks with what I suspect may have been a mild case. (I was able to work through it so who knows.)
    Great, so you spread the flu around via the US mail.

5. Amen Cerebrum123 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Begome Ordodox
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Even if you still get the flu after getting the flu shot (it was a slightly different strain or you got the flu months after getting the shot), I've heard your body is still much better prepared to fight it than if you didn't get the shot, so a week long illness without the vaccine becomes a 3-4 illness with milder symptoms with the vaccine.

I got sick this week with either a really nasty cold or a very mild flu. If it was the flu, I only ran a 100.4 fever for less than 12 hours (plus some respiratory nastiness the day before and now, though subsiding) instead of whatever nightmare a flu without being vaccinated would have brought.