Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: New Fad: Raw Water

  1. #1
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37,562
    Amen (Given)
    3409
    Amen (Received)
    17944

    New Fad: Raw Water

    So apparently the new liberal natural health fad is "raw water"

    Water that comes straight out of the ground/stream/whatever without being filtered in any way.



    I think this fad will solve itself fairly soon.

  2. #2
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,743
    Amen (Given)
    16565
    Amen (Received)
    3204
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So apparently the new liberal natural health fad is "raw water"

    Water that comes straight out of the ground/stream/whatever without being filtered in any way.



    I think this fad will solve itself fairly soon.
    The increase in disease and parasites will not be good for the rest of us though.

  3. #3
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37,562
    Amen (Given)
    3409
    Amen (Received)
    17944
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    The increase in disease and parasites will not be good for the rest of us though.
    most of these nuts are probably in California or up in the mountains living with goats.

  4. #4
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,743
    Amen (Given)
    16565
    Amen (Received)
    3204
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    most of these nuts are probably in California or up in the mountains living with goats.
    I feel sorry for the goats then.

  5. #5
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37,562
    Amen (Given)
    3409
    Amen (Received)
    17944
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    I feel sorry for the goats then.
    Goats will eat anything. We won't even find a shoe.

  6. #6
    Professor Cerebrum123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,743
    Amen (Given)
    16565
    Amen (Received)
    3204
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Goats will eat anything. We won't even find a shoe.
    But then they will get the parasites, and diseases.

  7. #7
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,608
    Amen (Given)
    4996
    Amen (Received)
    9139
    I grew up drinking that (untreated well water). As long as the source tests out, there's no problem with it.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  8. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.
  9. #8
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    37,562
    Amen (Given)
    3409
    Amen (Received)
    17944
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I grew up drinking that (untreated well water). As long as the source tests out, there's no problem with it.
    yeah but look how you turned out!

    We had well water too but we had a filter on it.

    I think this is more than just "pure spring water" - they make claims like the bacteria in it is "probiotic" and so on. They want dirty water to help boost their immune system and such.

    Although at least one supplier is basically selling tap water from a spring and selling that at a huge markup.

  10. #9
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    38,873
    Amen (Given)
    8630
    Amen (Received)
    20028
    One of our missions in Haiti was to drill water wells to get some of that good "raw water".

    The clinics would treat the kids for all kinds of parasites, then they'd drink the yukkie nasty surface water and get sick all over again.

    The solution was "raw water" from deep wells.

    That was particularly fun, because the Lutherans had water well drilling machines in Haiti, and so did the Baptists. They used to drag their drilling rigs over the mountains, and all over the place, until somebody came up with the brilliant idea that the Lutherans could actually drill Baptist wells, and vice versa, and it was the same raw water that came out!

    Haiti-Jan-26-2010.jpg

    1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

  11. Amen Jedidiah, Teallaura amen'd this post.
  12. #10
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15,608
    Amen (Given)
    4996
    Amen (Received)
    9139
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    yeah but look how you turned out!

    We had well water too but we had a filter on it.

    I think this is more than just "pure spring water" - they make claims like the bacteria in it is "probiotic" and so on. They want dirty water to help boost their immune system and such.

    Although at least one supplier is basically selling tap water from a spring and selling that at a huge markup.
    I drank spring water too, and never got sick from that (from a nearby state park, when I was in upstate Ontario, the spring in Jericho Elisha made sweet....). As long as it's not contaminated with coliform bacteria, it should be fine. There was probably other bacteria in the water I drank. There is probably some truth to the idea that exposure to some level of bacteria boosts your immune system.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  13. Amen Teallaura amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •