Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Fad: Raw Water

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I drank spring water too, and never got sick from that (from a nearby state park, when I was in upstate Ontario, the spring in Jericho Elisha made sweet....). As long as it's not contaminated with coliform bacteria, it should be fine. There was probably other bacteria in the water I drank. There is probably some truth to the idea that exposure to some level of bacteria boosts your immune system.
    My grandpa had a well and it was good water but it had sulfur in it. Stank everything up and would stain clothes when washing. They found a different well but when tested, it was contaminated with animal feces. Not all spring water is pure.

They ended up putting a rock salt osmosis filter on the well to get most of the sulfur out.

I bet those people in the hills of Kentucky, Tennessee and Virginia where they made them stop mining coal could get rich selling the Californians their raw well water for $30/gallon.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We went to a ski camp in Michigan once, and their well water was REALLY bad with sulfur. Evidently, they were used to it, because they used it for cooking and everything. Spaghetti tasted like sulfur, tomato soup tasted like sulfur....

I was never so happy to get a Big Mac at a nearby MickyD.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I grew up drinking that (untreated well water). As long as the source tests out, there's no problem with it.
    Says someone residing in an actual sty

I'm always still in trouble again

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My city has good aquifers so people here drink pure raw water out of the tap. I'm drinking some as I write this. We don't pay bills for water use either.

It's an ongoing source of debate whether water-bottling plants that operate here by putting tap water into bottles and then selling it round the country/world should have to pay for the water they're using.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Taoist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Obviously a Lutheran well. She's a sprinkler.
    There is no lao tzu

6. Amen Teallaura, Chrawnus, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Depends on the source - as long as the water isn't contaminated - and nothing is peeing upstream - it's fine.

However, since most younger people have had very little exposure to the bacteria normally in water, not sure this is going to go well. Your body needs exposure to germs to learn to fight them but when an immune system has been pretty well isolated, suddenly introducing bacteria can have a negative effect - the immune system gets swamped by what wouldn't have been a problem to a more robust immune system.

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    My city has good aquifers so people here drink pure raw water out of the tap. I'm drinking some as I write this. We don't pay bills for water use either.
    Are you sure it's not treated in any way? I'm pretty sure it's always treated here, regardless of source. My tap water tastes awful, so I buy spring water to drink.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    After carefully reading all the posts in this thread I have decided that I will drink only cooked water.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Are you sure it's not treated in any way?
    Yes. On rare occasion it gets temporarily or partially chlorinated, but it isn't usually treated at all.

It's just a product of the city sitting on top of a river plain with really good underground aquifers. Most cities chlorinate their water here, mine is just conveniently located.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lao tzu View Post
    Obviously a Lutheran well. She's a sprinkler.
    I think she was a Methodist - and both camps are trying to convert her.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.