Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.01.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2018.01.10

Glory Seed Devotional’s, 2018 Anticipating the Spiritual Jesus the Prelude to Life
    The dispensation of the Holy Spirit…
    Shalom!

Note: Hopefully my computer will no send this out three times like yesterday!

“Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness covered the surface of the watery depths, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters.” (Genesis 1:2, CSB)

You and I are not “formless and empty” although there’s more than a good chance our lives are in turmoil and empty of the resources needed to turn our lives around. In his book Names of the Holy Spirit Ray Pritchard writes, “We may be encouraged that God’s Holy Spirit still hovers over the darkness today. Though we may not see Him or feel Him or reach out and touch him, yet He is there. He still moves through the emptiness of life, preparing the way for God to bring us out of the darkness and into the light once again.“

I decided on January 1st I would begin an in-depth study of the Holy Spirit not because I hadn’t formed a relationship with the Third Member of the Trinity, but because I had especially since the Holy Spirit is in Residence in our world and lives NOW. As I began reading books written about the Holy Spirit I discovered something disturbing. I first encountered it in Francis Chan’s book The Forgotten God Chan writes. “You might think that calling the Holy Spirit the “forgotten God” is a bit extreme. Maybe you agree that the church has focused too much attention elsewhere but feel it is an exaggeration to say we have forgotten about the Spirit. I don’t think so. From my perspective, the Holy Spirit is tragically neglected and, for all practical purposes, forgotten.” (Francis Chan, the Forgotten God: p. 15. David C Cook. Kindle Edition.)

And then from Ray Pritchard’s book quoted above he wrote, I don’t think I’m going overboard in saying that a proper knowledge of the Holy Spirit’s ministry is absolutely essential to finding peace, joy, and victory as a Christian. Many believers live far below their potential because they have never discovered the Holy Spirit. They know nothing about His power, His indwelling, His anointing, His intercession, His gifts, and the fruit He longs to produce in them.

When my health setbacks began settling in I began to depend more and more on God it was then I discovered the Holy Spirit is God’s presence in my life. I also discovered there’s a “world” of difference between knowing of the Holy Spirit and knowing the Holy Spirit. Those knowing of the Holy Spirit may fall in with what Chan and Pritchard were saying.

Let us lift our internet voices and tell the world God has NOT forgotten us, this is the dispensation of the Holy Spirit! And let us be voices of warning because the next dispensation might bring about what John witnessed many years ago. “Then I heard a loud voice from the throne: Look, God’s dwelling is with humanity, and he will live with them. They will be his peoples, and God himself will be with them and will be their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes. Death will be no more; grief, crying, and pain will be no more, because the previous things have passed away.” (Revelation 21:3–4, CSB)

“Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life…” **

Grace and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

"Scriptures marked NCV quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."

Scripture quotations marked CSB have been taken from Christian Standard Bible, Copyright 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible and CSB are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.

** John 14:6, CSB
    Last edited by Crusty Christian; 01-10-2018, 07:29 PM.

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X