Announcement

Collapse

Wicca and Neo-Pagan Religions Guidelines

Theists only.

Which witch is which?

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to Wicca/Neo Paganism. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generally not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Odinism - the religion of the Kansas anti-Semitic murderer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed! Perhaps I should work at getting a few of these posts split off into their own thread. I rather chafe at the title of this one. It'd be like having the only thread dedicated to Christianity on a religion forum entitled "Roman Catholic- the religion of mafia hitman Richard Kuklinski."

PM the area mod and make the request. They'll likely do it.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
      I'm glad you enjoyed! Perhaps I should work at getting a few of these posts split off into their own thread. I rather chafe at the title of this one. It'd be like having the only thread dedicated to Christianity on a religion forum entitled "Roman Catholic- the religion of mafia hitman Richard Kuklinski."
      Since I was the OP... I should explain my titling. I started the thread shortly after the event happened. (The shooting was about 20 minutes from where I live AND I previously knew of the shooter from causing trouble in my area so naturally I was very interested in looking at it from every angle.) I thought it was interesting that he followed a religion I was unfamiliar with. But, yeah, I can see how that looks bad now.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Since I was the OP... I should explain my titling. I started the thread shortly after the event happened. (The shooting was about 20 minutes from where I live AND I previously knew of the shooter from causing trouble in my area so naturally I was very interested in looking at it from every angle.) I thought it was interesting that he followed a religion I was unfamiliar with. But, yeah, I can see how that looks bad now.
        Oh, I didn't mean to imply that there was anything intentionally derogatory about it. I certainly didn't detect any sort of deliberate disrespect in your OP, and I completely understand the motivation behind the thread.

Just meant that I'll start another thread for a fuller discussion of the religion.
        "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
        --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment