Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Trump Resign Over "Hellhole" Comment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's one out of three, to which I already responded.
    Frankly, it was not much of a response...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Interestingly enough, some of the best run prisons are in Louisiana, where Christianity has had an astounding affect on the whole situation.
    Pointing to one state that is less affected does not eliminate the problem.

Do you really believe that "more dollars" necessarily means "better education"? I'm thinking not.
    At no point did I say this. Appropriate finding is a necessary, but not sufficient, condition for good education.

The problem with schools, IMOHBAO, is they are top-heavy with management.
    As with any organization, various schools have various inefficiencies that need to be addressed. You will get no argument there. You do not address the inefficiencies by imposing a blanket cut on funding. If that were an appropriate approach, it should have been taken with the american military years ago. This is another place were federal government has withdrawn funding for audits of the military, rendering it the largest single budget item for a single "department" (recognizing there are multiple components - but generally referring to the DoD) that has NEVER had a comprehensive audit. Yet, for some reason, we seem to be OK to simply keep pumping more funds into it, with little effort made to deal with inherent inefficiencies. But questioning the military is "unpatriotic," and questioning the education system carries no such onus...

... the which, if you should mention every one, the whole world could not contain the volumes that could be written?
    I have no idea what this means....
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      There are many, many others.
      ... the which, if you should mention every one, the whole world could not contain the volumes that could be written?
      Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      I have no idea what this means....
      And, here, I thought you were a bible scholar!

John 21:25 - And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Frankly, it was not much of a response...
        You seem a bit... I'll get back to you when you're less combative.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You seem a bit... I'll get back to you when you're less combative.
          Time is not going to make your response better, CP.
          The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Time is not going to make your response better, CP.
            whatever

Comment

And, here, I thought you were a bible scholar!

John 21:25 - And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.
              And that applies... how again?

Comment

And that applies... how again?
                Sheeesh, Carpe - levity - humor... lighten up!

Did somebody pee in your Wheaties?

Comment

Sheeesh, Carpe - levity - humor... lighten up!

Did somebody pee in your Wheaties?
                  Nope. But I'm not a "bible scholar" by ANY stretch of the imagination, so you kind of did what the comic at the open mike did a few nights ago. He was funny - to me. But the majority of the people in the room were college kids, so it was a little hard for them to connect to punny references to Nixon.

I was not familiar with the bible quote, so the joke didn't connect.

But feel free to try again...

Comment

Nope. But I'm not a "bible scholar" by ANY stretch of the imagination, so you kind of did what the comic at the open mike did a few nights ago. He was funny - to me. But the majority of the people in the room were college kids, so it was a little hard for them to connect to punny references to Nixon.

I was not familiar with the bible quote, so the joke didn't connect.

But feel free to try again...
                    I'll pass.

Comment

I'll pass.
                      That's what the guy at the comedy club SHOULD have done. The guy after him was smarter. After 2 minutes of pretty bad jokes, he said, "I'm not feeling it tonight. See ya!" and left the stage.

Comment