Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Trump Resign Over "Hellhole" Comment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    According to CNN's Jake Tapper, the President did use the term in question ("____hole"), but he used it in a general sense. The narrative that he used the term to describe specific countries appears to an invention.
    I’m confused, did he say it or didn’t he? He says in the tweet you posted earlier that he didn’t. Your quote above implies that he did but in a different context.

Comment

No, he absolutely should not resign. I am disappointed that he now denies saying it. The biggest problem I had with it was that he *only* said it in private, rather than from the podium at the U.N.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        There was ZERO appealing about what he said, if, indeed, he said it.
        I believe most everybody from both parties confirmed he said what he said, and unconditionally condemned it.

The quote refers specifically to the people from Haiti and Africa are black and Norway are white. You cannot get any more racist than that.

South Carolina GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham was there and has not disputed Trump's acrid statements.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 01-12-2018, 01:32 PM.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Everybody from both parties confirmed he said what he said, and unconditionally condemned it.
          No, not everybody from both parties. You really love overshooting the runway, don't you? And, yes, you're
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Everybody from both parties confirmed he said what he said, and unconditionally condemned it.
            And you have Republicans in the room who said they never heard it: http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-c...-remark-2018-1
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              And you have Republicans in the room who said they never heard it: http://www.businessinsider.com/tom-c...-remark-2018-1
              Ah, but EVERYBODY from BOTH SIDES..... yeah,
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The quote refers specifically to the people from Haiti and Africa are black and Norway are white. You cannot get any more racist than that.
                Or he is comparing people from countries were they are generally more educated and have more to offer our country, after all this was in the context of merit based immigration.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Except for Paul Ryan believes the reported remarks are accurate: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/politi...ion/index.html
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Except for Paul Ryan believes the reported remarks are accurate: http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/12/politi...ion/index.html
                    Was Paul Ryan in the room or was he reading what was in the press reports?

Comment

Paul Ryan can believe whatever he wants, but he wasn't there and says he only read about it.

Trump, on the other hand, says he never used that language, and at least two people present at the meeting said they never heard Trump say it.

So the balance of evidence at this point is that Trump never said it.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Apparently it was taken as have happened on the testimony of an aide to Dick "Dick" Durbin, one of the slimiest and most dishonest Democrats in congress.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                          Apparently it was taken as have happened on the testimony of an aide to Dick "Dick" Durbin, one of the slimiest and most dishonest Democrats in congress.
                          Didn't he compare US troops to Nazis? I seem to remember that...

Comment

Paul Ryan is not "everybody from both parties".

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                              Then Durbin goes on to whine about Trump using the expression "chain immigration" because that's hurtful because African-Americans immigrated in chains.

He is such a freakin' snowflake.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                Paul Ryan is not "everybody from both parties".
                                Well you gotta admit it’s very Trumpesque hyperbole.

Comment