Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Trump Resign Over "Hellhole" Comment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Trump Resign Over "Hellhole" Comment?

Except he din't say hellhole. I have local radio personalities who were Trump supporters calling for Trump to resign... Is it racist, or factual?

'Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?' The astonishingly blunt question Trump asked in Oval Office immigration meeting (but he'd welcome more from Norway)

President was meeting in the Oval Office with senators from both parties about proposals for immigration reform
    He reportedly asked them why the U.S. had to shoulder the burden of refugees coming to the U.S. after Third World natural disasters
    'Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?' he asked, according to a Washington Post report
    He also said: 'Why do we need more Haitians? Take them out'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...countries.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

trump denies, and no he shouldn't resign for saying the obvious, duh
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
      trump denies, and no he shouldn't resign for saying the obvious, duh
      Yes it is obvious, but I don't think he can deny saying it. Too many people in the room...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Except he din't say hellhole. I have local radio personalities who were Trump supporters calling for Trump to resign... Is it racist, or factual?
        A country isn't a race, so what Trump said isn't racist. Foreigners talk crap about America all the time (Dimbulb, for example). Are they racist? No.

And I've noticed that during all the furor that nobody has actually answered the Presiden't question: Why do we allow so many people from "hellhole" countries to immigrate to America? Especially when they have no desire to abandon the political philosophy that turned it into a hellhole in the first place?

But to answer your question, no, Trump shouldn't resign, and suggesting that he should is stupid.
        Last edited by Mountain Man; 01-12-2018, 07:21 AM.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Well his description of those countries is apt, but that is precisely why those people want to leave and come to America. The same reason people left Europe and came to America. They left countries that were poor, where they were abused, where they had to live like animals. And we welcomed them, and we still should. Immigrants are what made America Great in the first place.

As long as they come here legally, I think we should continue to welcome them. If Trump is now against legal immigration then he is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Well his description of those countries is apt, but that is precisely why those people want to leave and come to America. The same reason people left Europe and came to America. They left countries that were poor, where they were abused, where they had to live like animals. And we welcomed them, and we still should. Immigrants are what made America Great in the first place.

As long as they come here legally, I think we should continue to welcome them. If Trump is now against legal immigration then he is wrong.
            No, this is insane. Overwhelming majority of immigrants want to implement the same stupid social policies that they left, they are interested in money, not america's core founding principles. Either you put an end to mass migration or you can kiss basic rights like freedom of speech goodbye.
            "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Yes it is obvious, but I don't think he can deny saying it. Too many people in the room...
              None of which have gone on record to corroborate. So right now it's Trump's word vs the WaPo's or whoever reported it.

Comment

None of which have gone on record to corroborate. So right now it's Trump's word vs the WaPo's or whoever reported it.
                I wasn't aware this was a point of dispute. Every report I've seen, including from conservative publications, takes it as a given that Trump really said it.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

“He’s trying to win me back,” conservative author Ann Coulter, who has called for harsh limits on immigration, wrote on Twitter.
                  Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

No, but he should be forced to attend the Joe Biden School of Talking Nice.

Warning - linked site includes masked F bomb.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He is appealing to his racist bigoted basest of the base. As indicated by the responses so far.
                      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        He is appealing to his racist bigoted basest of the base. As indicated by the responses so far.
                        There was ZERO appealing about what he said, if, indeed, he said it.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          No he wants a merit based immigration policy and prefers taking people from countries where they are educated and have more to offer.

Comment

No, this is insane. Overwhelming majority of immigrants want to implement the same stupid social policies that they left, they are interested in money, not america's core founding principles. Either you put an end to mass migration or you can kiss basic rights like freedom of speech goodbye.
                            Who said anything about mass migration? And no, most people who leave their homes to come to America from these sorts of countries are escaping oppression and want freedom. I remember back after the Vietnam war when a lot of Vietnamese refugees were coming into the states. They were escaping the communists. Nearly every vietnamese I have ever met is very hard working both in school and in the job market. They don't want handouts, they clawed their way up, starting businesses. Sure there are probably some that are the "dregs" but overwhelmingly most are hard working and want to be Americans. And a century ago those people were the Irish escaping the persecution in their country.

Heck aren't YOU an immigrant?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Why do we allow so many people from "hellhole" countries to immigrate to America?
                              There was a time when the US encouraged immigration from struggling nations: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore." But apparently no more.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment