Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Trump Resign Over "Hellhole" Comment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    Was Paul Ryan in the room if not why do you believe him over those that were there.
    Paul Ryan has good sources who were in the room Sen. Lindsey Graham and Sen. Dick Durbin have confirmed Trump's statements.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      More to the point, why are you trying to exonerate this lying moral reprobate? I guess you must be one of the 4 in 5 white Evangelicals who voted for him.
      Trying to exonerate him? You're as confused about this as you are about your NAMBLA buddy. And, yes, it's pretty open on this forum that I voted for Trump to stop Hillary.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Don't be so gullible, frank-n-beans. What does "basically accurate" mean? That sounds like weasel words to me. Either the report is accurate, or it's not. Using the term "basically accurate" is just another way of saying that it's not accurate.
        You need an English lesson on what basically accurate. It does not mean 'not accurate.'

How bizzaro illiteracy!!!!
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          I am not the one arguing from ignorance (three monkeys, which one are, either that or I will question your literacy to read and understand posts) and vainly trying to defend him. It is obvious who is basest of the base are as they vainly try and defend his bigoted racism, which has a long history of direct Trump public quotes.
          The three stooges attending the meeting:

We saw no 'evil.'
          We heard no 'evil.'
          We will not say there is 'evil.'

Frank

Comment

You need an English lesson on what basically accurate. It does not mean 'not accurate.'

How bizzaro illiteracy!!!!
            That first sentence seems incomplete. When you're insisting somebody else needs English lessons.....

(it happens to me, too. )
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The three stooges attending the meeting:
              There is nothing to defend, countries like Haiti are crap-holes, and we should take in more people from countries where the people are more educated, like Norway.
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Yeah right, Sen Durbin just made it up whole cloth right. None of them denied it at first, Sen Graham basically even admitted to it by saying he told the President off right then and there. Two of them initially said they didn't know, that they didn't hear it, which you know is BS. If Trump said it then obviously it's something you're going to know whether he said it or not. Sheesh, face facts for a change will ya. Senators don't just make stuff up like that with 6 other Senators present.
                What do you mean face facts? Did you read my post #78? I literally said that I believe he did say it. I'm merely relaying what I heard in the news from others.

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  There is nothing to defend, countries like Haiti are crap-holes, and we should take in more people from countries where the people are more educated, like Norway.
                  Yes there is seer. Trumps suggestion was not only that the countries of Haiti, El Salvadore and the countries of Africa are bad, but that the people are bad. You had the good fortune to be born in the U.S. with the greater oppotunity it afforded you. Being born in Haiti, El Salvadore, or Africa doesn't make those people any less worthy a person than you or Trump are. Trumps a racist, ignorant, moron, born with a silver spoon in his mouth and he doesn't think much more of you than he does of people from those countries.

Comment

Obviously so. Tom Cotton and Perdue are obviously lying. Graham basically admitted to it and Durbin isn't just going to make crap like that up in the midst of 6 republican witnesses. Ok Trump supporter!
                    But he does have a proven track record of making stuff up like this in similar circumstances. Back in 2013 he was proclaiming that during negotiations between Obama and other Democrats "one GOP House Leader told the president: “I cannot even stand to look at you”."

Durbin_Facebook.jpg
                    Sorry for the small size

Then Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) characterized the remark as "appear[ing] to have been invented out of thin air." And even Obama's White House press secretary Jay Carney categorically dismissed Durbin's claim saying that "it did not happen."

And yet even after this Durbin kept insisting that some "GOP House Leader told the president: “I cannot even stand to look at you”."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      But he does have a proven track record of making stuff up like this in similar circumstances. Back in 2013 he was proclaiming that during negotiations between Obama and other Democrats "one GOP House Leader told the president: “I cannot even stand to look at you”."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25940[/ATTACH]
                      Sorry for the small size

Then Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) characterized the remark as "appear[ing] to have been invented out of thin air." And even Obama's White House press secretary Jay Carney categorically dismissed Durbin's claim saying that "it did not happen."

And yet even after this Durbin kept insisting that some "GOP House Leader told the president: “I cannot even stand to look at you”."
                      Durbin's a little drama queen, which is why certain posters here love him so much.

Comment

Yes there is seer. Trumps suggestion was not only that the countries of Haiti, El Salvadore and the countries of Africa are bad, but that the people are bad. You had the good fortune to be born in the U.S. with the greater oppotunity it afforded you. Being born in Haiti, El Salvadore, or Africa doesn't make those people any less worthy a person than you or Trump are. Trumps a racist, ignorant, moron, born with a silver spoon in his mouth and he doesn't think much more of you than he does of people from those countries.
                        His comments had nothing to do with any of that, even if some people that I like, e.g. Mia Love, got a bit sensitive and snow-flaky about them. It was not that the people are "bad" or "unworthy," it is about which people are most likely to be good FOR THE U.S., as opposed to being drains on our resources.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          I'm thinking you mean the Koch brothers.
                          Coke works better, . . . but ok Koch brothers.

Frank

Comment

Coke works better, . . . but ok Koch brothers.
                            Ah, fake names to go with the fake news!

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                              The problem is that the country is not going to migrate it is the people, education has never been a factor in immigration in the USA, and the comparison given for 'people' from these countries named is where the racism of Trumps statements lead to. This is nothing new and consistent with Trumps statements concerning 'people' from certain foreign countries.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25940[/ATTACH]
                                Sorry for the small size

Explain why Graham confirmed Trumps statements reported by Durbin.

Frank

Comment