Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Trump Resign Over "Hellhole" Comment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Yes there is seer. Trumps suggestion was not only that the countries of Haiti, El Salvadore and the countries of Africa are bad, but that the people are bad. You had the good fortune to be born in the U.S. with the greater oppotunity it afforded you. Being born in Haiti, El Salvadore, or Africa doesn't make those people any less worthy a person than you or Trump are. Trumps a racist, ignorant, moron, born with a silver spoon in his mouth and he doesn't think much more of you than he does of people from those countries.
    I don't remember you making this kind of sanctimonious speech about the Americans Hillary impugned as the basket of deplorables.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Explain why Graham confirmed Trumps statements reported by Durbin.
      Can you cite an actual report showing exactly what Graham said, please?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I don't remember you making this kind of sanctimonious speech about the Americans Hillary impugned as the basket of deplorables.
        . . . because she was referring to the basest of the Trump base that approves of Trump's overt degrading racism.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          . . . because she was referring to the basest of the Trump base that approves of Trump's overt degrading racism.
          And you support her in her actual statement?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            But he does have a proven track record of making stuff up like this in similar circumstances. Back in 2013 he was proclaiming that during negotiations between Obama and other Democrats "one GOP House Leader told the president: “I cannot even stand to look at you”."

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25940[/ATTACH]
            Sorry for the small size

Then Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) characterized the remark as "appear[ing] to have been invented out of thin air." And even Obama's White House press secretary Jay Carney categorically dismissed Durbin's claim saying that "it did not happen."

And yet even after this Durbin kept insisting that some "GOP House Leader told the president: “I cannot even stand to look at you”."
            False. Durbin did not make that stuff up, he wasn't even at the event in question. He was repeating a miscommunication which was related to him by white house staff. I'm sure you probably know that since you just googled it. Perhaps you didn't read it.

Comment

False. Durbin did not make that stuff up, he wasn't even at the event in question. He was repeating a miscommunication which was related to him by white house staff. I'm sure you probably know that since you just googled it. Perhaps you didn't read it.
              So, he was repeating unfounded gossip, and you think this is admirable?

Comment

And you support her in her actual statement?
                I do, yes. Why don't you? You don't support the Alt Right do you, the Nazi's, the KKK, the racists, you know the deplorables that that Clinton was talking about.

Comment

I do, yes. Why don't you? You don't support the Alt Right do you, the Nazi's, the KKK, the racists, you know the deplorables that that Clinton was talking about.
                  Interesting, because the very next day, Hillary pulled it back.

Comment

Silly Jimmy, Clinton was talking about ordinary Americans (you know, the ones that don’t want their daughters showering with a teen boy that claims to be a girl) that she and her kind hates. No thanks.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So, he was repeating unfounded gossip, and you think this is admirable?
                      Point is, rouge was wrong and the one incident has nothing to do with the other. Durbin was at this meeting, he was an earwitness to what was said by Trump. Boy, for someone who denies being a Trump supporter, you sure do go out of your way a lot to defend him.

Comment

Point is, rouge was wrong and the one incident has nothing to do with the other. Durbin was at this meeting, he was an earwitness to what was said by Trump. Boy, for someone who denies being a Trump supporter, you sure do go out of your way a lot to defend him.
                        Durbin is a drama queen, I watched the presser where he was puffing on about Trump saying bad stuff -- he sounded like a little kid in the school yard tattling to the teacher that another kid said 'poop'. No surprise you eat that stuff up.

And, from your own assessment, Durbin was repeating unfounded gossip in the event Rogue mentioned.

Comment

Interesting, because the very next day, Hillary pulled it back.
                          Well of course, no one is arguing that blurting out the truth is always the politically smart thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                            Silly Jimmy, Clinton was talking about ordinary Americans (you know, the ones that don’t want their daughters showering with a teen boy that claims to be a girl) that she and her kind hates. No thanks.
                            No she wasn't Lilpix, she was talking about the spreaders of hate, the kind that you and your kind apparently love.

Comment

No she wasn't Lilpix, she was talking about the spreaders of hate, the kind that you and your kind apparently love.
                              Her original comment, which you claimed to support....

You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it.

Her partial retraction, which you imply was a lie....

"Last night I was ‘grossly generalistic,’ and that's never a good idea. I regret saying ‘half’ -- that was wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                No not ordinary Americans.
                                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment