Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Should Trump Resign Over "Hellhole" Comment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    There was a time when the US encouraged immigration from struggling nations: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore." But apparently no more.
    Yes because we needed cheap physical laborers. My grandfather was recruited from Italy in the early 1900s because he was a stonemason.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      There was a time when the US encouraged immigration from struggling nations: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore." But apparently no more.
      That's a poem on a monument; it was never US policy. In fact, until the 60's, it was US policy to prioritize people from countries that were the most like ours because they would more easily integrate into US culture. All that changed in 1965 with Ted Kennedy's Immigration and Nationality Act which lifted a lot of immigration restrictions, and you see the mess it has created.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Well his description of those countries is apt, but that is precisely why those people want to leave and come to America. The same reason people left Europe and came to America. They left countries that were poor, where they were abused, where they had to live like animals. And we welcomed them, and we still should. Immigrants are what made America Great in the first place.

As long as they come here legally, I think we should continue to welcome them. If Trump is now against legal immigration then he is wrong.
        The pirate is not completely wrong here.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
          No, this is insane. Overwhelming majority of immigrants want to implement the same stupid social policies that they left, they are interested in money, not america's core founding principles. Either you put an end to mass migration or you can kiss basic rights like freedom of speech goodbye.
          We see the same thing within America itself what with people moving to the south often to escape high taxes but then voting for the same policies which caused the high taxes they left.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            That's a poem on a monument; it was never US policy. In fact, until the 60's, it was US policy to prioritize people from countries that were the most like ours because they would more easily integrate into US culture. All that changed in 1965 with Ted Kennedy's Immigration and Nationality Act which lifted a lot of immigration restrictions, and you see the mess it has created.
            Not only that but for many decades the government turned away a high percentage of those trying to move here for the slightest reason (hmmm, walks up those stairs kinda slow... send 'em back).

Comment

So... fake news?

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 9.43.37 AM.jpg
              https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 9.43.46 AM.jpg
              https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                He is appealing to his racist bigoted basest of the base. As indicated by the responses so far.
                Black Lives Matters is his base?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Black Lives Matters is his base?
                  When ya got no argument, play the race card.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's a hoot watching Dick Durbin defending the allegation that Trump said the sh******* word. He looks like a little kid on the playground tattling to the teacher that another kid said 'poop'.

It's TRUMP, for cryin' out loud. We're shocked that he says bad words?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It's ok when liberals do it, apparently.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...bit-nasty.html

When Prime Minister Justin Trudeau stormed across the floor in the House of Commons on Wednesday, grabbing Conservative whip Gordon Brown and elbowing NDP whip Ruth Ellen Brosseau in the process, parliamentarians and Canadians alike were aghast.

“I have been in the House now for 12 years and I have never seen what just transpired in the House of Commons,” said New Democrat House leader Peter Julian.

It’s not the first time somebody with the name Trudeau got testy.

In 1971, then-prime minister Pierre Elliott Trudeau allegedly mouthed the words “f--- off” to Conservative MP John Lundrigan. But he denied it, claiming it was only an innocuous “fuddle duddle.” In 2015, his son set the record straight.

“I’ll tell you a secret: He didn’t actually just say ‘fuddle duddle,’ ” Justin Trudeau was quoted as saying in Maclean’s.

Just a few years earlier, Trudeau got into hot water in 2011 when he called Peter Kent a “piece of s---.”
                      Causes a bit of a tempest, and then everybody forgets about it. Because. Liberals.

And we mustn't forget another time a Canadian Liberal PM did something unthinkable:

http://www.cbc.ca/archives/entry/chr...igan-handshake

Prime Minister Jean Chrétien is in Hull, Que., on Feb. 15, 1996, to commemorate the first National Flag of Canada Day. But the celebration is upstaged by a bizarre altercation. When confronted by protester Bill Clennett, Chrétien grabs Clennett's throat and forces him to the ground. This un-prime-ministerial response startles everyone, especially Chrétien's victim. "He came... and put me to the ground," Clennett describes in this TV clip.

The 44-year-old man was part of a small but vocal group protesting planned cuts to unemployment insurance benefits. The prime minister, a self-described "little guy from Shawinigan," defends his actions. "Some people came my way... and I had to go, so if you're in my way," says Chrétien before driving away.
                      Nobody screams for the resignation of these idiots, do they?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

There are a couple of reasons I think he should resign; however, I don't see how this creates any worse of a diplomatic flap than the state department docs leaked a few years ago. It's a diplomatic flap, and it gives the country something of a black eye, but a diplomatic flap is all it is.
                        "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
                        Hear my cry, hear my shout,
                        Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Except he din't say hellhole. I have local radio personalities who were Trump supporters calling for Trump to resign... Is it racist, or factual?
                          He should resign simply for being an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            It's a hoot watching Dick Durbin defending the allegation that Trump said the sh******* word. He looks like a little kid on the playground tattling to the teacher that another kid said 'poop'.

It's TRUMP, for cryin' out loud. We're shocked that he says bad words?
                            Yeah it sounds just like something Trump would say. I am not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                              He should resign simply for being an idiot.
                              He'd have to be an idiot to resign.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                He'd have to be an idiot to resign.
                                He was an idiot for running in the first place. He'll soon find that out.

Comment