Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 170

Thread: Is The Bible Literally True?

  1. #141
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    313
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformedApologist View Post
    The context of Ecclesiastes 1:4 is is read in the context of Zephaniah 1:2-3; Revelation 21:1. Earth in Hebrew does not mean planet but also 'erets eh'-rets from an unused root probably meaning to be firm; the earth (at large, or partitively a land):--X common,
    country, earth, field, ground, In addition, 2nd Peter 3:10. You assume to pass away means full destruction when it can mean purify, otherwise as the rest of the epistle says there would be no righteous person. The same is similar to the flood was all the Earth destroyed in the flood? no not in the context of the planet but the land etc. Cause Noah and his family were still alive.
    Even if the word "land" is employed, still the contradiction remains unsolved because Matthew 24:35 says "heaven and earth shall pass away" including land.

  2. #142
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Toonist
    Posts
    2,861
    Amen (Given)
    29
    Amen (Received)
    1189
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Another contradiction is between Eccl. 1:4 and Matthew 24:35. Eccl. 1:4 says "the earth abides forever"; however, Matthew 24:35 says "heaven and earth shall pass away"
    Dumbass, do you know what proverbial literature is?

  3. Amen Chrawnus amen'd this post.
  4. #143
    Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Inside the beltway
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20,460
    Amen (Given)
    5949
    Amen (Received)
    11357
    Quote Originally Posted by jpholding View Post
    Dumbass, do you know what proverbial literature is?
    Worse, he doesn't care. At best, all Hakeem can manage here is cast doubt on Christianity. Does he have a positive case for Islam? Well, no.
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

  5. #144
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,900
    Amen (Given)
    5194
    Amen (Received)
    3473
    Quote Originally Posted by tabibito View Post
    God assessed necessities ...
    The necessity was for Jesus of Nazareth to be a man like any other, partaking fully of human identity, indistinguishable from any of his brothers. He did not regard equality with God as booty, but emptied himself to take on the form of a servant ... the list continues. It would seem that becoming human made development from a baby and child at least desirable. Not to mention that prophecy did say he would be born.
    The very first messianic prophecy in Genesis 3 also mentions that He will be the seed/offspring of the woman. If he's of the "seed" of the woman it would seem like his genetic material will be from her (i.e Mary).

  6. #145
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,900
    Amen (Given)
    5194
    Amen (Received)
    3473
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    You did not address how Mary in Luke could be from David through Nathan (not Solomon) as per Luke 3:31 while Old Testament verses I quoted show that Solomon was chosen to be the selected son for the Davidic line.
    I did do that. His biological lineage was through Nathan via Mary, and through adoption by Joseph He was also incorporated into the royal heir line.

    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    The bigger contradiction is that Jesus could not be traced through Joseph as claimed by Matthew 1:16 because Jesus had no biological father and hence Jesus could not be his father.
    Joseph*

    The contradiction you're claiming here doesn't exist, even on a surface level reading. Matthew 1:16 doesn't say what you claim it says. The genealogy in Matthew isn't describing biological descent, and Matthew never claims it is either. Matthew is claiming that it is Joseph's biological genealogy and that Jesus was incorporated into that genealogy when He was adopted by Joseph.

  7. Amen ReformedApologist amen'd this post.
  8. #146
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,059
    Amen (Given)
    4780
    Amen (Received)
    21264
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Worse, he doesn't care. At best, all Hakeem can manage here is cast doubt on Christianity. Does he have a positive case for Islam? Well, no.
    He seems to ignore the fact that Islam actually agrees with Christianity on many of his complaints about Christianity. Like the fact that Jesus is the Messiah and that the Messiah has to come from the line of David. Or the fact that Allah killed infants in the Quran too (from the other thread where he complains that God ordered the Israelites to kill infants)

    He isn't worth interacting with. His objections are usually easy to answer, but he just ignores any answer.

    I think he might be insane.

  9. #147
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Faith
    Muslim
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    313
    Amen (Given)
    0
    Amen (Received)
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpholding View Post
    Dumbass, do you know what proverbial literature is?
    Eccl 1:4 saying "the earth abides forever" has nothing to do with proverbial literature.
    Last edited by Same Hakeem; 06-15-2019 at 07:31 AM.

  10. #148
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    49,662
    Amen (Given)
    1056
    Amen (Received)
    17898
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Worse, he doesn't care. At best, all Hakeem can manage here is cast doubt on Christianity. Does he have a positive case for Islam? Well, no.
    Yeah he's a first class representative for Islam

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

  11. #149
    tWebber Chrawnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,900
    Amen (Given)
    5194
    Amen (Received)
    3473
    Quote Originally Posted by Same Hakeem View Post
    Eccl 1:4 saying "the earth abides forever" has nothing to do with proverbial literature.


    The whole book of Ecclesiastes is an example of proverbial literature.

  12. Amen tabibito amen'd this post.
  13. #150
    tWebber ReformedApologist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Reformed Baptist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    171
    Amen (Given)
    30
    Amen (Received)
    59
    Ecclesiastes 1:4 is called wisdom literature for a reason cause it uses poetry. You are an idiot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •