Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fulfilled prophecy - The Jewish people return to their homeland

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    I don't see the modern secular state of Israel fulfilling anything. There are more Jews outside of Israel than in it...
    Well, by a fraction, a little less than half the Jews in the world now live in Israel. And the prophecy doesn't mean every Jewish person has to live in Israel.

... and most of those outside have no desire to return.
    May I have a reference, please?

Blessings,
    Lee
    Last edited by lee_merrill; 01-13-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill View Post
    Well, by a fraction, a little less than half the Jews in the world now live in Israel. And the prophecy doesn't mean every Jewish person has to live in Israel.

May I have a reference, please?

Blessings,
    Lee
    An interesting article on that subject: http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/28/...-up-on-israel/

For the record, most of the Babylonian Jews at the time of Ezra, Nehemiah and Artaxerxes never bothered returning to Judea. Their entire lives were in Babylon; Israel was foreign to them.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Faber View Post
    An interesting article on that subject: http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/28/...-up-on-israel/
    Interesting indeed, so many hot-button items in Israel.

For the record, most of the Babylonian Jews at the time of Ezra, Nehemiah and Artaxerxes never bothered returning to Judea. Their entire lives were in Babylon; Israel was foreign to them.
    Would that be Jewish people in Iraq?

Blessings,
    Lee
    "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "At the time of the establishment of the State of Israel in 1948, there were approximately 140,000–150,000 Jews living in Iran," (The Council of Immigrant Associations in Israel)

"In the 20th century, Iraqi Jews played an important role in the early days of Iraq's independence. Between 1950–52, 120,000–130,000 of the Iraqi Jewish community (around 75%) reached Israel in Operation Ezra and Nehemiah." http://www.moia.gov.il/English/Feeli...Venechmia.aspx That source counts up to 135,000.

Not to mention Afghanistan and other middle eastern nations.